Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland EC350 no hydraulic power

thuynh360 · 2018-07-21 23:04

Good evening, I recently purchased a used New Holland EC350 excavator. All was working fine while i was moving around large amounts of soil then a sudden loss of all hydraulic power in the system. Tracks do not move and there is no beeping from the system as if it doesn't detect me pressing on any of the track controls. None of the pilot controls are working either - cannot raise the boom or curl the bucket. Cannot swing left or right. Engine starts and revs just fine. I've read what I could on here and it may seem that my pilot control solenoid my be shot or may have lost power. I suspect this is the case since literally no hydraulic systems are functional - almost as if the pilot arm lever was raised. Little back story in my specific case, the previous owner must have bypassed the level since i can still operate the machine even if the lever is raised. I managed to track down the wire that he jumped under the arm console and it looks as if its still good (no broken connection). Found a couple of busted fuses and relay but no have no idea what they are since there was no fuse/relay map anywhere to be found. My question #1 - where is the pilot control solenoid and how would I go about testing it? Can someone take a picture of what this solenoid looks like as I'm not quite sure what it even looks like. Question #2 - Is there a way I can somehow bypass the safety lock systems to at least get the tracks moving as its currently sitting in the sun with no shade to work under. Houston, TX heat is no joke. I'm quite mechanically inclined as far as cars go but this is a bit out of my scope of knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Replies9
  1. #1tool_king2018-07-22 03:51

    I will take a look at the parts and service manuals .What is your email so I send them ?

  2. #2thuynh3602018-07-22 13:59

    I really appreciate that. My email is [email protected]

  3. #3Bluox2018-07-22 16:41

    Check the pump drive. Bob

  4. #4thuynh3602018-07-22 19:24

    I will. Where is the pump drive normally located? What does it look like? And how do I go about testing it? I'm sorry for asking but as I stated this is all foreign to me.

  5. #5Bluox2018-07-22 22:08

    First I have not seen your machine but usually when all hydraulics quit the pump drive has failed. The drive is between the motor and the pumps , if you have a pilot pump pull it off and crank the motor , check if pumps turn. Bob

  6. #6tool_king2018-07-22 22:43

    Manuals were emailed to you.

  7. #7thuynh3602018-07-22 23:57

    Correct me if i'm wrong but if the pump had failed, wouldn't I have seen a gradual decrease in operation and/or strength in the hydraulic systems?

  8. #8thuynh3602018-07-22 23:57

    Thank you! I'm gonna start digging through them as soon as I can

  9. #9Tomcos2019-06-17 20:49

    Tool_king i was wondering if you could email me books please. I have aEC 350 and it was plumbed wrong so I’m trying to get it back to factory settings and then I’ll plum it myself.