Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex120 drive motor

Kyle mccauley ยท 2018-07-21 22:25

I have a hitachi ex 120 I have the excavator on a demo job I was driving over a pile of concrete when I had a small line blow off the left track drive motor. I reattached the line and drove the ex ten feet and had the line blow off again. I can attach the line and use the ex fine as long as I do not drive it. If I leave the line off and start the ex I have hydraulic oil run out from the line side not motor side. I have been reading on here from other guys and it seam this line is a overflow return line that should only have a small drip throw it. I would assume the oil should be coming from the motor side if I had seals go bad in the drive motor. I am looking for a quick fix for me to complete this job so I can get it back to my shop to fix the issue. Thanks in advanced.

Replies2
  1. #1nobbie2018-07-21 22:34

    maybe cut an inch or two from hose end a try new clamps otherwise put a bucket at end of hose while moving should not be too much leaking from motor unless there is a bigger issue somewhere in the circuit

  2. #2Kyle mccauley2018-07-21 22:38

    When driving and not having the line attached the line sprays out oil at high pressure. Leaked about a gallon in ten minutes