hello everyone. just found this site. it seems like their is a lot of knowledge on here with a lot of helpful people and I will learn a lot . I have a problem. last year my L185 just stopped running in the middle of me working. the fuel gauge said 3/4 full. I tried restarting and nothing. so I figure the fuel gauge is not correct. I went I got some fuel and cranked it and no start. I sprayed some starting fluid it the end of the intake tube where it comes apart with the band clamp and she fired up. thought nothing of it. ran awesome till 2 days ago I was moving some manure parking it to do some other stuff. I got back in it and it just cranked and would not start. fuel gauge showed 3 bars. tried to start it even with starter fluid like before and nothing. went and got some more fuel. I killed the battery trying to start it. can someone or multiple people help please. do I need to see if fuel is getting to the injectors? does this thing have a service mode switch? ( I tried to look for the switch on the upper right side above the gage and the only thing their was a fuse box. all fused were ok. my instrument cluster is on my left pillar. when I sit in the seat the cluster comes on. when I buckle the seat belt the light goes off sometimes. sometimes I need to double click it. the wires were cut and they were just rigged back together. please help with very detailed instructions. it is ok to over explain things like I am stupid. I will not take any offense at all. it makes things easier to do if someone is not familiar with something. thanks mike (in friken cold ohio)
Any smoke at all when cranking? What year is it? I believe newer ones have the service run switch under a cover on the overhead right side but all I have is old stuff so cannot help.
it does have sometimes very little black smoke. have to get the year. I looked under the cover on right top side. no switch just a fuse block.
it was a blown fuse. it was the seat belt wire cut and not making good contact. this machine does not have a service switch.