Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland L213 cranks but won’t start

Scoobs_13 ยท 2015-07-24 23:33

Hi all I have a new holland L213 that was running fine, one of wires from the seat belt kill switch got damaged so fixed the wire but now it cranks over but won't start. Any ideas what the problem might be? I have checked the fuses but they are all fine. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1durallymax2015-07-25 21:06

    Would it crank with that wire damaged? Does that one still use a simple fuel shutoff solenoid? Is it getting power?

  2. #2Scoobs_132015-07-26 18:39

    Yes it still cranked when wire was damaged, I have been told it has a simple shut off solenoid been looking through manual to find where it is so I can say Wether it is getting power or not

  3. #3Scoobs_132015-07-26 20:02

    Have located and checked solenoid, it's not getting powder

  4. #4durallymax2015-07-26 20:26

    I don't know how the newer ones are wired, but I would suspect you still have an issue with the belt switch, or it was never the issue to begin with. Is there an indicator for the belt? Does it all seem to be working properly? If so, did it not work before the wire was fixed? The solenoid not getting power is why it wont start, but there's something that is keeping the controller from sending power to the solenoid. On the older machines the controller was the EIC. You could bypass it with the service/run switch/ Fortuneatley I didn't get to spend enough time with the newer L200 we had so I don't know much about their wiring (other than its bad and has to be replaced often).