Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LB75 torque converter

shad_379 ยท 2024-09-21 18:45

Hello everyone. I'm trying to help a local farmer with a LB75 backhoe. He was digging when it slowly idled down and shut off. The engine seemed tight, but would turn slowly with the starter. I barred it over and was tighter that it should be. The engine was pulled and found the injector pump was seized and fuel lines rusted up. Anyways, the engine is back together but will not mate back to the machine. The converter slid out when the engine was pulled. With lots of spinning and wiggling it will engage but leaves about 1/4 inch of shiny "snout" between it and the pump seal. I'm not sure if that's where it needs to be or not. Doesn't really look like any other I've worked on, but thus us a fiat engine, so I don't really know. The engine will come within 1/8 inch of seating to the bellhousing. At that point the bolts get tight and the engine won't turn anymore. Any insight would be appreciated. This is an Italian built tractor and info seems to be scarce. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Swetz2024-09-24 13:02

    Sounds like the converter needs to go in more. When spinning the converter, lift up on the center hub while spinning and pushing inward. I have no experience with your machine, but have had converters that were stubborn about going in all the way.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-09-24 20:09

    What ever you do, don't force it or you will damage it. When it is lined up correctly it will slid all the way in.