Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland losing oil on dipstick

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2022-04-11 18:20

Hi everyone, I have a 2011 New Holland C232 skid loader with 1859 hours and it is losing oil on the dipstick. It’s not leaking and I don’t have any smoke coming out the exhaust. All filters and fluids have been changed. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2022-04-11 19:28

    I would check the area around the drain plug for a crack. If you have the remote drain attached, dirt/mud build up, creates pressure against the remote drain and can crack the pan if you don't keep it cleaned out. Hard to see the leak until it gets real bad. I would clean out the pan around the oil pan regardless (if you haven't done that).

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2022-04-13 18:03

    Thanks. I looked all over and found nothing wrong. Now I have noticed that it has been lacking in power. It is a wide track 2 speed machine and noticed it bogs more than it should. No smoke or leaks and the machine was just service with a new electric fuel pump put on. Scratching my head now. Thinking maybe turbo or? If it was the turbo, I would think that I would be seeing smoke of some sort.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2022-04-13 19:20

    pull the tube coming from the turbo to the head and see if it is oily inside pull off tube between air filter and turbo and see if impeller has any movement up and down. It wont always show up blue smoke until it really gets leaking