My 2002 LS-150 has only 400 hrs and works fine. But, Lately I found that if I operate it at low rpm, like 2400, the red light comes on for low hyd pressure and it shuts down! I read you are supposed to operate at max rpm, 3200, but still I am surprised it will not operate at lower rpm. Anyone know about this? My main complaint with this unit is that you cannot disable the hydrostatic system if it stops in the field and cannot tow it for repairs! I cannot believe they would put such a thing in the field!
Have you replaced your hyd. filter? Something is not right, you should be able to run at half throttle and still function the machine abeit slower. I suspect that if you have not replaced the filter it is near plugged, only running at full rpm are you able to push fluid throught. It is important to replace that filter in the first couple hundred hours as the break in period releases a lot of metal. You should have a handle to pull or knob that releases the wheels so you can tow it. Are you sure your machine does not have it?
The pressure sensor goes bad sometime on those machines. I'm sure you just need a new sensor. The sensor and shut down system is just to try and protect the machine from damage. However in most cases its just a faulty sensor. If it is not a bad sensor than its a pressure problem with the pump or supply oil to the pump. The unit can run at lower rpms no problem.
Thanks for the information. I thought about a faulty sensor too. Where is it located and can you get to it for replacement without tilting the cab? I do not have a special jack to do that. Also the filter being plugged is a thought although the machine has only less than 400 hours on it! As far as the hydrostatic system I am sure there is not release knob to allow towing and that is a crime! I sure appreciate the replies as I am not experienced in these machines!
I think that the concern is 1) that it's the first 400 hours and during the initial break in period you need to change the filter earlier and 2) It's been 6 years no matter how many hours.
The filter should be changed after the first 50 hours then every 500 hours after that
Your LS150 should be very similar to the Case 400 series skidsteer basically the same manufacturer now. Most use Sundstrand pumps...some rexroth. Here is the diagram to find tow valves on a sundstrand the diagram is generic but most are very similar. Are your brakes released electrically on this unit like the 400 series...if so in order to tow you will also have to use a hand pump to release the brakes. Even then it is recommended by Case you only tow the unit for 50 feet below 0.5 MPH. Hope this helps you ...even if it is more Case related
have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? But sounds like a plugged filter
new holland skid steers never break down so you don't ever need to tow them.:notworthy
I had that sensor crap out on my john deere ( NH)it was located at the oil fiter and line at the oil cooler, They had plenty in stock, about $17.00
My quess is the sensor which is right by the hydraulic filter. When mine failed I just disconnected the wires. That has been a 1000 hours ago. But it is probably a good idea to replace the sensor but in my situation I disconnected the sensor and went back to work. Now that I think about it I will order a sensor and install it. Good luck, BTW mine is a 2000 LS 160.
Well mine skidsteer died in the woods about 1/4 mile off the road. I have ott rubber tracks on and my grapple on.. Not sure what my options are? I hope and pray that by disconnecting the sensor wires work.