hi guys, I was thinking of renting my machine out on a daily basis and was wondering if anyone could steer me in a good direction for a pre made rental agreement. Very important to me is the liabilty waiver and a solid hold harmless clause. Also, are there any references to safety and health regulations that would tell me what I need to provide to the renter to free me from any neglegent damage to a renter. Thanks in advance.
Hey f3d- I rent out my machines too, and what I did was go to the local rental yard, rent the chreapest thing I could find, ( I think it was a shovel), then keep the contract and look it over. Do any re-work, give it to a attorney to look over :ban and your good to go. Rentals have been good to me, but every one is still a roll of the dice.
Here are two rental agreements from a couple of companies I rent from. The first is from a private rental company, the second is from Rental Service Corporation. I use a modified version of the first when I rent or loan equipment. Yes I wrote LOAN. I have had a couple of incidents loaning equipment to friends. In one case the item was stolen while in the persons possession. That got ugly and took a couple of years to resolve. I find that putting it on paper makes them aware of the consequences if the item is not returned on time or in the condition that it was loaned to them. I added a clause that specifies a charge if it comes back dirty where I have to spend time cleaning it up. I don't mind letting friends use my equipment, but I draw the line on them: a. borrowing it to take to a paying job. b. burning up expensive consumables and not replacing them. c. returning it beat to hell, covered in grease or mud and I have to spend a bunch of my time to clean it up and check it out before I can put it away. :cussing
Thanks Honu, this is just what I was looking for. Thanks as wel shovel for your input.