Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new holland ls 180

orangepeanut · 2015-03-25 10:10

Have a 1999/2000 ls180, 840 hours. Seems to run good but has a few issues I want to get some opinions on. First the hydraulic oil. Now matter how I check it or when I check it it doesn't show any on the dip stick. Even after adding a lot to it I get nothing. The second thing is sometimes when I push the left stick it doesn't do anything for a second. Then starts to move. The third thing is when I get off it wants to keep moving slowly unless I get the sticks just right. Anybody ever has thsee issues with theirs?

Replies2
  1. #1murphy7772015-03-26 06:13

    I have a 96-98 lx 565….very close to the 180, and I have never had an issue with my hydraulic fluid, only when I have blown seals and had to repack cylinders…. Mine also creeps when I get off it, I always set the brake whenever I get out of the seat. The steer controls do seem very sensitive and on mine even when I sit in it in a "stopped" position, I still have to apply slight pressure on the steer control, and find that "sweet spot" to keep the machine from creeping ever so slightly. There are lots of adjusters under the seat to try and fix this but for me the e brake is the easiest, and safest so the machine won't roll away on me as well..I really ;ike my machine….

  2. #2orangepeanut2015-03-26 11:00

    i havent been using it much. i found a small leak but cant tell where its coming from. im going to take it to the dealer and let them fix the leak, top off all fluids and adjust my linkage on the drive sticks.