I'm seeing these Titan backhoes (simple rigid arm type, not full blown backhoe attachment) on Amazon and eBay. Does anybody have any seat time with one? I'm looking for a medium duty unit that fits in the budget. The price is right. Also open to suggestions! Will be using with a Skat Trak 1700C (86 HP) Thanks!
Just purchased one last month. Got the swing arm one for two reasons. The swing arm and it also can shifted from the center mount to the right hand side. Getting use to the controls but so far for my application I really like it.
Sorry, mine is a Spartan attachment not a Titan.
Looks like a heavy duty attachment. I was wondering how the controls are set up to work the extra side to side motion.
The one that came with the Spartan machine was a little complicated. Had to hard wire a toggle switch to go from bucket to swing. My skidsteer has an electrical plug nest to the auxiliary hydraulics. Just got and additional electrical coupler from Cat and made a pigtail and plugged it into the hoe line (came with unit) and the toggle is a button on my left joy stick and the bucked/swing is activated by the thumb roll on my right joy stick.
Thanks! No aux electrical in my antique. Looks like I have to settle for curl control only. I'm happy to have the aux hyd control on the stick and not with a middle pedal like my other machines. Noticed that Skid Steer Solutions has a fixed backhoe unit with an optional "ripper" attachment. It's a 1" thick cutting blade shaped like a surf board fin you mount instead of the bucket. I can imagine it would do a good job with roots. Does anybody have any opinions? I sure do have plenty of roots, trees, stumps and rock to deal with.