When starting my New Holland skidsteer turning the ignition to the far right will start the unit, but when I release the key it goes out. IF I hold the key to the far right continuously, it remains running, but then goes out when I release it. I have already replaced the ignition with a new one and the same problem persists. How do I fix this issue. Thanks in advance for you input. Phil
Do you have the book for it showing the electrical system? If you have the service /run switch does it run in service? Sounds like a relay gone bad, on the slightly older ones you could switch relays in the engine room fuse box to help track it down.
On the ls160 there are two relays side by side in the engine room box. The one on the left when facing the cab is the start relay, one on the right is the preheat. Above that is the starter interlock but I do no think that would cause that problem.
Did you solve the problem?? I've got a 180 doing the same thing.
Sounds like the EIC is not keeping power to the shutoff solenoid. When you hold the key to start it sends power to the shutoff solenoid but when you release the key the EIC takes over. Flip service/run switch to service and it will bypass EIC and send power to shutoff. If this keeps it running then you need to find why the EIC wants to shut the engine down or if the EIC is sending power, why it isn't reaching the shutoff.
Thank you Durallymax for the response. It does run on "service mode". The machine was running fine when it started throwing the F04 code it ran about twenty minutes then died. I will crack into the Eic tomorrow. Thanks again
F04 is a fault for the fuel solenoid. I don't quite understand why, but the diagnostic chart says if there is no power in "run" and the wire from EIC is not shorted, and there is power in "service", to replace the solenoid. The diagram only shows one wire going to the solenoid. Is that the case?
There is only one wire going to the solenoid.