I was told when I bought my machine that it had Hi flow hydraulics but after reading the forums and stuff I no longer think I do. When I called Bobcat at first they said they weren't sure even though I gave them the serial number. I have just 2 couplers for my front aux. I have added a pic of what my pump looks like. I'm trying to figure this out because my pump spilt a long the bottom and there are a few different pumps for my Model Bobcat. thanks for the help
Welcome to HEF carlocici. :drinkup That's a tough pic to work with, but it doesn't look like Hi Flow. Hi Flow machines typically have 2 gear pumps, I'm only seeing 1 in that pic.
Yeah, it was just a pic to show a friend which part was broke. BUt thank you for the quick response. Do you also know how to figure out what the GPM should be? This is the fist skid I've bought and I have never worked on heavy equipment before, I'm only used to working with cars
Ok, correction, I checked a manual on a 763G, don't know if it works with your serial number, but the Hi Flow machine used a belt driven pump in the engine compartment. Here's a pic from the manual. The Hi Flow pump is to the right of the engine oil filter. Note the belt tensioning rod for the pump to the right of the filter. If you do not see that tensioner rod on your machine, not a Hi Flow.
Thank you very much for that pic. I have to look again when I get home on saturday. But I am 99% sure now that I only have a standard flow machine. If I am correct then for my aux hyd, my GPM should be 15.6 Thank you again!
Depending on whether you have Hi Flow or not, you should be able to get that info from Bobcat specs. For me, I have no idea, like year model, that's useless information for a mechanic. All we care about is serial number.
When I first called Bobcat to find out and to buy the part, I was first told no because I don't have a electric hook up by the front aux connectors. After that I gave him my serial number and I was told I don't, then within 3 minutes of the guy saying that he told me he didn't know what I had in my machine. I might have to find a better dealership to deal with to find out.
Looks the same as my old non hi flow machine. IIRC my dealer told me I would have to pull the pump and get numbers on it to figure out which I had.
That figures, I was trying to avoid doing that so that I can still move the machine around if it gets in my way until I got the new part to put in
looks like a std aluminum gear pump to me. looks like it's held on with allen head bolts. best thing to do is get the model number off the hydrostatic pump before you order a gear pump. different model hydrostats use different gear pumps. dont forget to order the mounting oring (or gasket), as well as the fitting orings, too :drinkup
Thank you. I was searching around last night for aftermarket pumps and noticed that there are different size shafts and different amounts of teeth on the gears. So I will have to find a spot to park it so it's out of the way for me to pull the pump and order the new one Thank you everyone for the help!
If you don't figure out what caused that pump to split you are probably going to split the new too. To high a pressure setting or a dead head.
I had a slight leak for a while that would maybe leak out a quart a week. Then my nephew started "helping" me do work and he never checked the fluid levels before start. So I'm sure there where a few times he started using the machine with no fluid in it. So I was guessing that had caused the problem. Is there anything specific that I should look for that would cause that to split?
the aluminum body hyd pumps were known to split the body in the discharge port, and start leaking. usually due to an overtorqued fitting :drinkup
Ah. I'm really hopping there are no other issues and I can just replace this pump and keep my nephew out of it
when you install the new pump, check your main relief pressure and adjust as needed. over the life of a hyd pump, as wear increases and flow decreases, someone will get the great idea to run the main relief adjuster in a little bit.... with a new pump installed, your main relief pressure will probably be on the high side of spec, if not way over. :drinkup
Thank you for the info! I will hopefully get to do this over the weekend