Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LS170 electric fuel pump problems please help

gysa27 ยท 2016-10-27 16:46

We have a LS170 New Holland Skidsteer loader. The electric fuel pump had been giving us problems for a while now. The skidsteer will shut down and not want to start. There was no noise coming from the pump, but if the pump was hit a few times it would start working again. The electric pump completely died today and when I replaced it with a new one from NH it still did not work. There is no noise and it seems like no fuel is running through it. Is there anything else I was supposed to do as I installed the new one? Any suggestions?

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2016-10-27 17:58

    Pump could have taken out a fuse or relay maybe. Check for power at the pump, if no power, check fuses, relays, there's a diode says "Fuel interlock" might also have something to do with it. Your problem may have been a wiring issue or other fault rather than the actual pump also.