Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 430D IT loader bucket no down pressure

Kona Jake ยท 2016-10-28 03:04

I'm thinking resolver valves ....any ideas ?..... Thanks, Jake

Replies3
  1. #1Billrog2016-10-28 11:33

    If it has ride control turn it off.

  2. #2Mark2502016-10-28 18:21

    hi some more information would help serial number did it just start doing this or was it gradual if you operate other functions at the same time does it help and as above disable ride control and try it any other recent repairs or services Mark

  3. #3Kona Jake2016-10-30 04:36

    Thank You !!!! Its been so many years since this machine has been used I'd forgotten how to flip the right switch on the dash!! Yes this has ride control.. Its been tied up in a Divorce for many years and am now scrapping off the rust and as the dash insignia's have faded or are no longer there so I'm working with a limited memory. That said this machine is a .....BLM01208.... ARANG # 184-7845 The next question if I may ask is that one transmission shift solenoid stopped working 3 years after I bought this machine new in 2000. At that the time I was so busy I did not have time to properly make a diagnosis besides we tailored the machine. Point is no 1st gear and no 3rd. my beautiful beast was still unfamiliar to most all mechanics in my area. I figured to try swap solenoids and sure enough I got 1st and 3rd meaning I had no 2nd and 4th.. I figured I could live with that and I did first years of work then years no work then embitterment..no not me I was quietly waiting out the divorce. O.k. question is if anyone is familiar with the shift solenoid history of this early 430D ? If I just had a fluke or was this systemic of all early 430s'. Was it corrected by an update? Or just try remember which ones witch and replace. This is still a beautiful machine. I'm sure as time goes I'll have other questions as I understand theirs been a truck load of updates namely the swing cylinders. I have just repacked and rewelded at the lock nut hopefully thats good for a while, 3 cylinders to repack tomorrow and 5 more in the near future. approx. 5700 hours I don't believe many of these cylinders ever been repacked. Thanks again Billrog and Mark250. I appreciate your taking the time to lend your expertise, Kona Jake........