Hi everyone! So I just recently purchased a New Holland LS170 skid steer with 3400 hours on it. It does need a little TLC but overall not terrible. I have a couple issues that I would need assistance with. So first of all, I am going through changing all the fluids and can' find a drain plug for the hydraulic fluid. I also don't know where to check the full level for the hydro fluid. I know where to drain the chaincases but not sure where to fill them. Another issue that I have is that it creeps foward when idling. The left hand control is pretty stiff and that side doesn't creep. The right hand side is quite loose and during idle that lever will move foward by itself and the skid will move. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
To Adjust the travel to neutral.You will want jack up the machine on wood blocks with all four wheels off the ground . Raise the loader .Raise the seat ,Then adjust the pumps to there neutral position.The fill for the chain case is between the wheels on the side cover bolted between them .You will check the hydraulic oil with the loader down.Rear hood open .Look down on the right side of machine a you will see the full mark marked on the plastic tank . What is you email address ? I can send you the manuals on it .
I sent you my email address. Thank you!
got it
Sorry to refresh an old conversation, recently I bought a used LS170, my first machine I am totally new to maintenance of these, so I am searching for info. Will start with changing oils, so if you would share manuals I would appreciate that! Thanks!
What is your email address ?
Hey everyone, I am racking my brain here and I can't seem to figure this out. I have a 2006 L180. I found the hose that has a cap on it below the resovoir. When I take off the cap, it drains about 3 gallons of hydraulic fluid. However, I know it takes 15. For the life of me, I don't know what I am doing wrong or how I can drain the rest of the fluid. I did have the boom locked in the up position because it made it easier to get at the hydraulic resovoir, but I found an article that said it should be down because when it is up, the cylinders are full of fluid. So I tried it down as well with same results. Thoughts?
You will have a drain plug on the bottom of the tank that has hose capped off . Put machine up on blocks under the frame behind the wheels so you have better access .You can do it with loader up or down . It will only change it y a little bit .Just measure were the oil level is with up on the safety and fill it back to point.You can shine a light on the side of the tank to see were the level .You may have something blocking it or you may have low oil to start with .
so what you are saying is I shouldn't expect to get 15 gallons out of it even though that is the capacity? What is normal to get out of it?
Which is the same as the L180 HYDRAULIC SYSTEM Capacity - Total System LS180.B, LS185.B /LT185.B, LS190.B/LT190.B .....................................15. 0 gal (57.0 L) Capacity - Reservoir LS180.B, LS185.B /LT185.B, LS190.B/LT190.B .............................................5 .0 gal (57.0 L) Specifications ..................................... API SH/CH-4 SAE 10W-30 Engine Oil
Thank you for your reply! That makes sense now. I was draining just the reservoir and it looks like I was getting close to 5 gallons. so even though system can take 15 gallons, changing the fluid really only does 5 gallons. Thanks so much for your help and patience! Greatly appreciated!
Is it possible i could have a manual copy? Just bought a used 2004 ls170 have the gear box oils left to do and dont want to drain without knowing what needs to be done to make right thereafter. Ty so much! [email protected] Ty!!
Emailed to you .
I also am having an issue with a 2008 l175 finding the case drain. Any help with that manual my friend? [email protected] . Thank you!
Is there still availability for LS170 manuals? [email protected] If so - Thank you in advance.
Yes .I will send you them
I have a 2001 Ls170 turbo. It has 1800 hours on it. I just changed the throttle cable and noticed the hydraulic level was not even registering on the plastic tank. Is it regular 10/30 hydraulic oil? If I ask nicely, would anyone be able to share a manual? [email protected] Thanks!
Yes they are using regular 10w30 diesel oil . I will send you the manuals
Times like these make me truly grateful to people like you. I appreciate you sharing knowledge! With 10 kids and a million vectors, it’s nice to have those willing to help!!
Would someone please send me the manuals [email protected] Thank you
emailed
Good day So I have a 2008 L170 New Holland and I need to change the oil for the I believe you call it the drive chain. I believe the oil got some water in it some how because last winter everytime it dipped below freezing the one side the tires froze up and were unable to move. My issue is I see the plug in between the tires to fill it and check the oil level, but where is the plug to drain it??? Also would someone be so kind to send a manual if they have. Would be so helpful as I am very new to all of this. [email protected] Thank you for your kindness
Like others, I'm struggling with draining the hydraulic system on my LS170. Could I also request a copy of the manuals emailed to me: [email protected] Thanks so much for the help.
New member here. I know this is an old thread but is there still access to the ls170 manuals? If so can someone send them to me please!? [email protected] Thank you! Very much appreciated.
Hi, same as 2lowe, I'm a new member and can use the 2004 LS170 manuals as well. I'm at [email protected] . Thanks in advance, as the manual that I have apparently is for the new versions of the skidsteer.
Very sorry to bother but it's awesome people can help. I have an older machine I have to do maintenance to and I'm far from being a mechanic. Anyways is there anyway you could send me the manuals please ,my email is [email protected] thanks alot
Thank you for the help with skid steer maintenance. Please send me the manuals for a Ls170 to [email protected]
Manuals on the way to you .
Could please send me the manuals for a 2005 ls170 please and thank you. [email protected]
another L170 owner here, just purchased mine and it creeps forward. requesting adjustment manuals sent to [email protected] thanks!
I just purchase an l160 with some electrical and hydraulic issues. Could someone please send the manual to me? [email protected]
I can later . You have to jack up all four corners and adjust what they call the null on the pump control . That is the centering of the swash plate .
Manuals emailed