Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is This Warning Light on My Bobcat 873?

zghorner ยท 2018-09-20 13:30

I noticed this light lit up on my skid steer today and I cannot find in the manual what it stands for. The machine is running as good as ever, all fluid levels are good with new filters. I thought maybe it was hydrostatic pressure and would go out once up to operating temp but it did not. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-09-20 20:20

    Coolant temp, from what I saw on google...

  2. #2zghorner2018-09-20 20:24

    turns out it is for oil pressure. unplugged the sensor to verify. Hopefully it is just a faulty part and the engine doesn't actually have low oil pressure...

  3. #3ianjoub2018-09-21 06:53

    You can buy a cheap oil pressure gauge/tester for less than $20. Screw it in the hole when you remove the sensor and start the motor, then hopefully just need to screw in a new sensor.

  4. #4zghorner2018-10-01 09:58

    to give an update, I gauged it and got 40 psi at idle. Went to bobcat for a new switch and they wanted 80 bucks... so I left and started researching. The deutz 1011 has a minimum operating oil psi of 20# at idle...so your basic SBC switch that grounds out at 5-8 psi wouldn't come on until after the damage was done. I fount an original deutz switch for $20 and contacted the seller (who checked the serial number on my engine) and they verified it was the right one. So now I am just waiting for that part to arrive. the part number for that switch is 01182479 but if someone down the road runs into this problem I don't see why any pressure switch wouldn't work as long as it was set to come on at 20 psi.