Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland ls170 rear door sagging

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2022-02-24 04:12

Hey everyone, I have an 04 ls170 and my rear door to the radiator always had a sag upon opening. I figured it was time to see what was going on. After dismantling, I discovered the sleeve inside was no longer round. Ordered and installed 2 new bushings that go on the frame portion and new sleeve. Now that part is tight. Picked up a new bolt and nut as well. Upon installing the door back, I noticed that the bolt had quite a bit of play in the new sleeve. After installing everything the door still sagging. What am I missing? Is there another way to fix this? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-02-24 06:16

    The bolt needs to be tighten till the sleeve is tight in the door

  2. #2eastroad2022-05-21 22:15

    I ran into this last winter on a Lx885. A new 5/8” /16mm bolt was loose in the bushing. A 3/4” bolt fit in the bushing, and since the holes in the door were worn some anyway, it just seemed to be the easy way to just open the door hinge holes up to fit the bigger bolt. We keep it oiled up for lubrication, since it seemed that wherever we put a grease zerk it would get cleaned off by the door when opening.