Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland ls180 pump shot

Mcnair06goat · 2022-05-28 17:45

I just bought a used(4000)hr ls180 skid. I believe the inj pump is bad. It had a rusted draw tube in the tank that now is new and put a new filter on it also. I have it all tore down to remove the inj pump to have rebuilt. Is there a better option on this machine for cheaper and more reliable? Im not a diesel mechanic but do work on all my junk myself. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-05-28 20:56

    Which inj pump do u have.. a Delphi DP200 or Bosch VE.?? If I’m not mistaken, both types are keyless drive shafts, so timing is VERY Important.. the pump has to b timed before removal & the pump will come back w the timing locked, so all u have to do is slip it in, tighten the drive shaft nut and unlock the drive shaft.. So if u don’t/DIDNT time it properly before removal, it’s not gonna run right after the rebuild.. Good luck

  2. #2Mcnair06goat2022-05-28 22:32
  3. #3Mcnair06goat2022-05-28 22:33

    U rebuild these? Or is there a more reliable pump to put on it?

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-05-28 23:09

    U gotta stay w what’s on it.. Yes I can rebuild that pump.. What’s wrong with it.?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-05-28 23:17

    Have u accessed the front of the pump yet ?? U have to, inorder to disengage the pump drive from the drive gear. If u could post a pic of the front drive set-up, I can walk u thru the process.. If u type in “ls180 injection pump” in google, there’s a lot of videos on how to remove and install that pump.. As a disclaimer, I haven’t watched them.. so idk if they’re correct or not.. If U wanna send the pics to my personal email it’s, my screen name @ aol.com