I'm going to dig into this issue in a couple of days, but I thought I'd reach out if anyone has "the answer" to save me some time. The quick attach feature works by tilting the bucket all the way back and depressing the unlock button, and it releases the retention pins from the attachment. Except now, it is not working. The light is on on the button, so it has power at that point. I'm guessing it is a stuck valve. As an FYI, I did tap on the locking pins and they don't appear to be broken (I did have this problem a few years ago). Thanks for any help in advance.
Can you see the quick attach hoses "jump" when you curl back the bucket? One will jump with the quick attach button pressed, and the other hose will jump with the quick attach button not pushed. The quick attach pins are prone to seizing up if they aren't used very often.
I started digging into this. The hoses don't jump when I depress the quick attach feature to either lock or unlock. I did check power at the coils, and I do have 12 volts on one coil connector when I unlock the quick attach and 12 volts on the other coil connector when I depress for locking. I stopped at the dealer and he said if it wasn't a pinched wire (so that isn't it as I have power to both coils), it could either be a bad coil or the spool valve or the pins are froze. I was able to disconnect the hydraulics to get the pins to move ( and to subsequently remove the ball mount plate I had on the skid steer). How do you test a coil? I think that is my next step.
Best method for testing a coil is just use a screwdriver or (something magnetic), and you will feel the coil magnetize when the coil has power. I usually remove the coil from the valve block, and put the screwdriver through the hole in the middle. I have seen issues with the spool sticking in the quick attach valve.
I took it apart tonight. Took off both coils. This proved to be very difficult as they were rusted onto the shaft. I found the shaft, and I don't know why or how, is bent, not allowing the spool valve to move. I will be replacing the spool valve and both coils. The one coil self destructed during the removal process. The other coil still works and I will keep it as a spare. Thanks for all of the help.
Good afternoon! I know this is an old thread but any tips on troubleshooting this on my c185? The light comes on when I press the button but nothing happens. Which wires should be hot and so forth. Thanks in advance!