Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland lx 465 flashing parking brake and batt light

Middlejohn ยท 2013-12-24 21:53

New to forum. I run a New Holland LX 465, 1500 hrs. Changed all fluids and filters and now have a glitch in EIC. I can disconnect & reconnect battery, climb on seat, latch seat belt, turn key & loader cycles thru countdown, starts and runs fine. Shut machine down and EIC park brake light and batt light flash on and off and warning horn beeps. On restart, both lights and horn continue to blink, however machine operates normally (except for continued flashing & beeping). EIC will not change screens or show other information or scroll through functions. Even leaving seat with machine running triggers lights to start flashing/beeping. Only way to turn off EIC beeping & brake/batt lights flashing is to disconnect battery. I've installed negative quick disconnect which is keeping machine in action. Nothing in owners/service manual ive found helps. All suggestions appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1randy792013-12-29 21:33

    I work for a new holland dealer. When they do that normally the alt is shorted out inside they will still charge. The couple we had like that we change alt and it went away. Just my past findings hope it helps

  2. #2Middlejohn2013-12-29 22:50

    Thanks , Randy; I'll give it a try. Cheaper than a new circuit board! Appreciate the info.

  3. #3randy792013-12-30 22:27

    No problem let me know how things go

  4. #4Middlejohn2014-01-12 11:12

    Fixed Randy; You were dead on! Finally got time to change out alternator (old one would show 14.6V when running). New alternator solved issues with pc board misbehaving----and, it's 50 amp output. Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.

  5. #5randy792014-01-13 22:21

    No problem glad it worked out for you