Hi folks...first time poster here. I purchased a Erskine 2118 snow blower last year to mount on my 843. The snow blower has a 14 pin connector that I obviously can't use since my machine lacks any electrical hook up beyond the ignition and lighting. Currently, I'm able to blow a great deal of snow with the machine by just using the auxiliary hydraulics, but I've had to manually position and lock down all the chute discharges in a fixed position - as I don't have the ability to control them without energizing the chute solenoid. I've been thinking about leaving the electrical portion out of the equation and running a few additional hoses and a hydraulic control valve to operate the chute manually. . . I've also considered bringing power to the solenoid, but I'm unsure what would be my best option. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated! Al
It's a whole lot easier to cobble up wiring than hydraulics. If you can add a circuit breaker to safely feed power to the blower and can find a suitable joystick (or the power window switch out of a junk car) then you're most of the way there. How many solenoids/valve sections doe the blower have?
First Off !!! ….. "Merry X-mas" Everyone !!! …… Secondly !!! ….Welcome to the Forum "recluse" …… recluse: It's not as complicated as you might think ……. the original harness that came with my Buhler blower was as simple as a small metal box and it had 1 big flat round magnet on the bottom to hold it in place in the cab, it has 2 bi-directional (on-off-on) spring loaded toggle switch's (spring loaded meaning you have to hold them in place and they return to centre when you let go) ……. and it can be plugged into a 12v cigarette lighter plug-in or have 2 alligator clamps to clamp on to the battery posts, I prefer the 12v plug-in myself, that way you don't have to go around the back of the machine with the cable and threw the tailgate … the wire harness is simply a (6)16ga cabtire cable like the trailer cords …. 1) +Pos 2)-Neg 3)rotate left 4)rotate right 5)tipper up 6)tipper down. The 12v power feed gets the 2 diodes solder'd on, from each diode, 1 wire from each diode goes to the centre terminal of the 2 toggle switches …. the box that houses the 2 toggles can be as easy as a cheap plastic weather proof electrical box (3"x3"x3") from the hardware store, then velcro it into the cab some place handy…. on the blower I have used the small 6-pin trailer plug-in (Female end attached from control box cable, and the male, vehicle side c/w flapper lid attached onto the blower) to ease disconnect from the blower when you remove the attachment just leave the harness in the cab The only draw-back to this set-up is the cable going threw the door to the snowblower, and leave just enough slack to raise and lower the boom a bit, but not too much to get snagged up If you choose to go this route ….. "DON'T" chop off the 14-pin plug too short at the aluminum plug, leave enough cable to re-attach, they are a pricey item and might come in handy for you sometime. I keep my original set-up with me in case I have a harness failure away from home. (my Bcat has the 7&14 pin plug-ins on the boom, and I re-wired it to use the joy-stick functions) The wiring schematic is available on the Buhler web site, where they have the manuals available online (Commercial Buhler Snowblowers)….. the hardest part about it is you have to have a couple of cheap Diodes wired in to prevent 12v power feeding both functions at the same time … 1.) for the chute rotation … 2.) for the tip deflector …. Hope this was more helpful to you, rather than confusing you ….. LOL …… Cheers and Merry X-mas !!!
Fab up a box like listed above you will be surprised how easy it is. I picked up some surplus boxes from burden supply a bunch of years ago for our plow trucks and adapted one for the 14 pin used on the skids. I dont know what the original use for the boxes was but they have 4 monentary switches with the on off on setup and two round magnets on the back that hold very well to anything metal. Wired in a female cigar lighter socket to the skids and a male on the box for the 12v input and the 14 pin female on the outputs. It works perfect and we have used it on several attachments. I rent attachments that we seldom use like stump grinders and dozer blades so I needed a genuine 14 pin setup.
Isn't it FUNNY frogfarmer !!! …. we offered all that hardcore FREE advise from experience ….. Never got a TY !!! …… Never got a Reply !!! …. and Never got a Christmas Card !!!! …. Either !!! ….. LOL …. LMFAO …… Cheers ff
No reply means they got the answer they needed. Im glad this forum is available to help those in need. Im also glad Im part of this forum no TY necessary.
LOL !!! …. Yah ….. I guess it woulda been kinda nice to know if it was helpful or not ……. Ohhh Well ….Win some Loose some !!! …. LOL ….. Cheers ff !
I manufacture joy stick controls see skidsteerstuff.com