Hello. I am new to the forum, and new to the world of skid steers. I bought a new holland LX565 from a farm implement dealer last week to use on my acreage. It ran fine when I picked it up and when I got it home last week. It has basically been parked in the driveway for about 5 days and when I went to start it this evening and it will turn over but not start. I noticed that the voltage reading on the digital EIC display reads 0. However, the battery is charged and both cable connections are secure. The machine WILL start just fine when in "Service" mode, but shuts down immediately when switching to run. It seems to me like it may be a bad connection somewhere... Can someone please point me in some direction to start trouble shooting this problem. I am mechanically inclined, but have very limited experience with skid steers. I do know that the dealer put a brand new EIC / Display in it when preparing for sale as the original was defective.
Additional Information: In "run" mode, when I sit on the seat all lights illuminate for a second and then the parking brake and seat belt lights flash. When I secure the seat belt, the seat belt light goes out (parking brake light remains on). At this point the machine will turn over but will not start. Again, if I cycle through the display options, the battery voltage reads .0, but the battery is charged to 100%. In Service mode, when I sit on the seat and turn the key, the machine starts immediately, but the battery light starts flashing.
Hi, the zero volts I have not experiened with mine but the run in service I have. It could be your seat belt switch and seat switch that cause the not start. I believe they have switch in sequence....seat switch then seat built switch. Wha we did was in plug the harness at firewall in engine compartment the complete the circuit using jumper wires in the previously mentioned sequence. If it starts then you know it is one of the switches. If I am wrong please someone post. Do not want to mislead.