I'm going later today to look at a new holland lx865 the machine has 2240 hours on it. The guy says everything is good. But he said it seems like one side is making a louder wining sound than the other while moving. I've never ran a new holland. Anybody got any pointers on what to look for so I don't get stuck with a lemon. He also has a t300 said it has high hours on it. Looks like it needs sprockets. All the windows are gone and the lights are gone as well. He wants $13,500 for it. Need pointers on it too as far as price and what to look for. Thanks.
Seems like a lot of money for that old of a machine (late 90's). LX885 is the one to have in my opinion and would be worth closer to what he is asking as its a 2 speed. I sold my 1998 bobcat 873 for $9800 a few months ago. Newhollands generally whine quite a bit anyway. I'd also shy away from the T300 if it has tons of hours. Finals can fail and wipe out the entire hydraulic system. For what its worth, my boss just picked up a 2010 L170, 3100 hours, cab, heat, power coupler for 15K at auction.
He had already sold the bobcat. The new holland needed tires, and the wining sound was not a wining sound at all it was a grinding metal to metal sound on the left side. He said it was a bearing I'm guessing that's what it was. It sounded bad. It had 1 weld on the boom that was just a small patch. It looked to me like the radiator may have been leaking a little bit none of the lights worked. And 1 pin on the quick tatch wouldn't latch in. He was asking $9000.00. I left without making an offer. Was thinking about telling him I'd give him like 3500 for it but i don't know if it would be worth messing with.