Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What are cheap buckets bringing at auction?

Mikefromcny ยท 2015-01-06 21:38

I'm looking to buy a couple of versa tech/stout/tomahawk 72" buckets at an upcoming auction. What do they generally bring in your area? I know they are nothing great but they will have an easy life for what I'm doing. I'm seeing people trying to resell them for $700 locally on craigslist.

Replies5
  1. #1Desertwheeler2015-01-06 23:39

    I think a guy paid 300 for a 72" one.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2015-01-07 02:12

    $300 to $500 will usually buy one. If going to the auction, set a price and stick to it. You know the options if you don't buy it, so work from there. Remember they are cheap buckets for a reason. Do light duty work with them and they will be fine, but if you try to work it just a little harder, most of them come apart.

  3. #3bobcan2015-01-07 04:42

    Here in Western Canada, it seems 'everyone has too much money lately' and RB Auctions has been selling a TON of NOS (new old stock) pieces over the past year (esp VersaTech, Tomahawk and WildKat) and I think quite often bringing as much as 'a good deal on NEW' seems to be anyway!! But, as always, there are a few gems to be had if you pay attention, and look for a bit before buying, if you can wait of course!! If you are signed up for Ritchie Brothers, you can Search VERY specifically by Item/Size/Area of Sale and find a ton of info easily _ if you are not signed up, it costs nothing and takes only a few minutes, and the info available to potential buyers is really quite useful, I have always found.. Here is what I see if I enter '72 + Skid Steer Attachments + Buckets' ** there appear to be 2252 items from the past 24 months!! ** and if you want, you can narrow the search by going up and changing a few things, to Search by Brand, Change the Auction Area, Time Frame, etc etc >> Happy Shopping!! https://www.rbauction.com/Skid-Stee...3NjMmTnRrPUVxdWlwbWVudC5lbiZOdHQ9NzImTnR4PQ==

  4. #4Mikefromcny2015-01-07 19:51

    Thanks Bobcan, I tried that with machinery trader and had no luck.

  5. #5bobcan2015-01-07 19:56

    Quite welcome Mike _ I was not trying to say that you would necessarily FIND what you wanted if buying, but surely it does give you a great perspective of 'what people are paying' in any areas and the past while _ Happy Hunting there.. and Stay Warm!!