Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland lx985 not moving

Newhollandlx985 ยท 2016-06-12 13:23

I have a new holland lx985 the right side drove works fine but left side doesn't work. What could be the problem?

Replies3
  1. #1td25c2016-06-12 21:07

    First thing I would do is flip the seat compartment up & check mechanical linkage . Make sure the lever is not slipping on the swash plate shaft on the side of the pump body . We have a JD 8875 ( same as New Holland 885 ) . Other than your currant trouble how do you like the 985 ?

  2. #2Newhollandlx9852016-06-13 02:04

    I checked that it looks fine and it's a good machine otherwise.

  3. #3td25c2016-06-13 04:47

    Yeah , same story with my 8875 . I would not be a bit surprised if we don't share the same or similar hydro motors & pumps . I'm no expert on the subject as our machine has been trouble free in this area ( had it for 16 years ) . It's gave us a few electrical issues . My next step would be to crack a hydro line loose on the right side drive motor ( just loosen the fitting a turn or so ) . Fire up the machine & work lever forward and back just to get an idea if oil is flowing . ( be careful you don't get a bath ) Several possible problems off the top of my head . relief valve stuck open on the pump. Some sort of failure at the drive at the pump or drive motor . ( splines stripped ) or shaft broke .