Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland Midis

tuney443 ยท 2014-12-24 20:50

Anybody have any experience with the New Holland excavators,midis in the 4 ton weight class? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2014-12-24 22:02

    They are Kobelco which is a real good mini ex. I have spent time in the CASE version which is the same 36 sized machine. I like them.

  2. #2204saskman2014-12-28 21:26

    I got one. Mine is a kobelco. Works great. No real issues besides maintenance. Ive been looking at a new 2013 new holland 35eh I belive cab heat air blah blah blah. Just need more work for my current 2002 kobelco to justify the new one.

  3. #3StumpyWally2014-12-30 10:36

    In the 4 ton class it would properly be a "mini". Midi's are in the 6 to 10 ton class. I have a 2005 New Holland EH80cs (Kobelco SK80cs, about 8.5 tons) that I bought used in 2008 at about 600 hrs, 24" steel tracks, blade, hydraulic stick mounted thumb. Now has 915 hrs. I've added better boom lights, a Klac mechanical coupler (Werk-Brau), & 24" Werk-Brau trench bucket with Esco teeth, a 48" Werk-Brau ditch bucket, & have widened/modified the Geith thumb. It has a Tier 2 Isuzu diesel, which starts very easily. I love the machine!!

  4. #4tuney4432014-12-31 20:58

    Well,the New Holland isn't going to happen,was sold before I could get over to it.Was almost ready to give up as I need it for a 2014 write off and decided to give my Deere dealer a shot--lo and behold they have a nice low hr.35D loaded at a good price with 2.9% financing.I think its a done deal.Glad to stay with my fav brand.

  5. #5KSSS2015-01-01 11:15

    I remember when they introduced that 80CS, and I saw it at Conexpo. I immediately fell in love with it. I never bought one, but I really like the looks of the machine.