Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new holland/sany

deere24 · 2025-01-29 11:40

Hi, New to this forum so bear with me. I'm at the point of having to make a decision on a mini excavator. It is either a Sany sy35 or a New Holland E37C. The new holland is just 7miles from me. Machine has everything you could ask for including long stick. The Sany is just over an hour away and doesnt have long stick and no air which at my age would be appreciated. Anyone have experience with either of these the new holland is going to be about 5500 more. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Replies20
  1. #1crane operator2025-01-29 17:48

    The sany equipment that guys have run local to me, have been poor machines with bad parts availability. I know a dirt working guy that rented a brand new one for a while, he wasn't interested in all at buying it, when the rental period was up. He usually runs cat equipment. Some of the new holland mini ex are hyundai sourced, some they build themselves under the Case/ new holland umbrella company.

  2. #2KSSS2025-01-29 18:13

    That 37C is a Hyundia. They seem pretty popular, I have never personally run one. I would take the 37C. You will have much better support with NH and CASE (its the same machine). The resale on the NH would very likely cover the 5K difference.

  3. #3deere242025-01-29 18:37

    Thanks guys. I tried out the Sany and seemed to have really good power. Actually better than the bobcat. But the cab was a little tight and the lever for the blade was awkward. Also the pedal for the reverse levers were short. It did have a lot of room for maintenance. Haven't been able to try the New holland its been way to cold and everything is frozen. I'm sure I'm going New Holland. 2 dealers within 25mi. Appreciate your time ill keep you posted.

  4. #4CM19952025-01-29 18:44

    Welcome to the Forums D24! Glad to have you. Ditto on the New Holland. I would buy pretty much anything else but a sany if there were only 2 choices. BTW didn't know some of the NH mini's were made by Hyundai.

  5. #5Steve Frazier2025-01-29 19:33

    Sany doesn't have a real good reputation on the forums. New Holland is an established company. I'd locate the closest dealer for each and check them out, what kind of service will their parts department offer? Eventually you'll need them.

  6. #6MFM Truck&Equipment2025-01-29 21:17

    I purchased a sany u26 mini ex brand new two years ago to add to my rental Fleet. Been a great machine. Nothing but good reviews from the customers. Had a fuel gauge issue when I first purchased it. Dealer came and repaired at no cost. Sany covers up to 300km of travel under warranty. I would definitely recommend sany. Plus hard to beat the 5000hr/5year warranty covers everything except pins and rubber tracks.

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-01-29 23:02

    Sure you're not a Sany dealer? I'd be worried about parts support and dealer training for non common issues. When the majority don't recommend a specific brand you'd be wise to take their advice.

  8. #8deere242025-01-30 12:54

    No Welder Dave, not a dealer. And your right about parts. the Sany dealer also handles Kubota. However by the time i drive to there and back i would kiss 4-41/2 hours bye bye. The New Holland dealer here change hands about a year and a half ago and are in the process of building a new shop that's about 1 1/2 miles closer to me so i think once they get settled in they will have better parts service. That's the direction I'm going. Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

  9. #9Gary Layton2025-01-30 14:33

    I thought Welder Dave was asking that question about MFM who is favoring Sany. I may have the flow wrong.

  10. #10Welder Dave2025-01-30 18:40

    Yes, I was referring to MFM.

  11. #11deere242025-02-01 11:41

    Sorry about that. When I looked back I see Welder Dave was referring to MFM. Went and looked at the New Holland. Only thing disappointing with it was that the cab was. The air conditioner was right behind the seat and wouldn't let the seat move back another 2". So your legs didn't have any room to move. Any thoughts?

  12. #12CM19952025-02-01 12:09

    Are those the only two options? A lot of fish in the sea so to speak.

  13. #13BC Placer gold2025-02-01 12:35

    ^^There are a lot of really solid choices in the 3.5 t range. Pretty nice also as most are ’set’ just below 25hp so minimal emissions.

  14. #14FWD2025-02-01 18:26

    I have a Kubota KX033-4. Really like it, only thing, no Cab, but I use it 98% of the time in nice weather. Very good excavator, no troubles at all. A buddy of mine was using mine once in awhile, but then he bought a KX033-4, has a cab, but he uses it some, in cold weather. I should borrow his if I have to be out in the cold. FWD

  15. #15deere242025-02-03 14:01

    Yes CM1995 there is a good variety out there. Kubota and Kobelco have dealers not that far from me. (50mi) best just check email all out. Thanks

  16. #16deere242025-02-03 14:26

    Hey FWD. Who do you do business with for your Kubota. I'm in st. croix county.

  17. #17FWD2025-02-03 19:58

    I do business with Lulich Imlement in Mason which is just south of Ashland. They are super as far as sales, parts and service. I think you would be closer to Johnson Tractor. I have a friend that bought an 033 from them, but that was from down in Southern Wi before they bought these dealerships up north. FWD

  18. #18FWD2025-02-03 20:04

    Deere 24, Does Johnson Tractor in Baldwin sell Kubota excavators and skidsteers too, or would you have to go to there store in Menomonie? I have an SVL65-2 track loader too,buddy has an SVL75-2 loader too. FWD

  19. #19deere242025-02-07 12:24

    FWD yes I am only 6 mi from Johnson tractor and Menomoniee is 25mi. I've bought parts from both of them.

  20. #20deere242025-02-07 12:27

    FWD - both of them sell both Kubota and New Holland. tk