Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland won’t start

at-it-again ยท 2013-07-01 09:13

Hello all, I have a new holland backhoe that wont start with the key. I have to jumper it at the starter to get it going. Battery is good, key seems to operate ok once it is started, at least it did now will not start with key. I think it may be the neutral safety switch, or other safety preventing it from starting with the key. Any info on how to fix this would be great. Ignition key seems to be working ok.

Replies8
  1. #1at-it-again2013-07-01 13:23

    Anybody got the ignition wiring diagram they can post?

  2. #2El Hombre2013-07-01 13:58

    I'd suggest just buying the manual, something as complicated as a hoe; you'll being needing it over and over again. Ignition? Is this a gas engine?

  3. #3sk1202013-07-01 18:07

    Hi there. Does your machine have the immobiliser key on it.? What model is it?

  4. #4at-it-again2013-07-01 20:52

    Its a LB75B 2004, no immobilizer, diesel engine. Ive checked all fuses and the ignition switch, all ok. But start relay not engaging in fuse panel, relay is good. Starter solenoid is good. I checked through the shifter knob and it seems to be working fine. I did not find a neutral safety switch, which may be the issue.

  5. #5at-it-again2013-07-02 20:52

    I found the issue. There is a second start relay in the engine compartment. That relay was corroded. I cleaned it up and now it is fine. There is one in the fuse panel as well. Nothing like persistence!

  6. #6El Hombre2013-07-03 01:05

    That's good that you found it, now go buy a manual. That reminds me of Datsun stuff back in the 70's. They had relays, tripping relays, and finally another relay, and then whatever it operated. I'd like to ask the engineer's why? '

  7. #7NHtech012013-11-14 20:53

    Those relays inside the firewall on those lb backhoes are always corroding and causing me problems the best thing to do it clean them and put some dielectric grease on it or it will happen again

  8. #8jimg9842013-11-14 21:39

    also the wiring connector inside of firewall is bad to give trouble