Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New JCB 8018

haF.AST ยท 2010-10-29 19:59

I just picked up this new 2010 JCB 8018... 3500 lbs. 19.2 hp 38" tracks in 53" tracks out 8'6" dig depth quick coupler 8", 12", 18" & 24" digging buckets and 39" clean out bucket Amulet hydraulic thumb

Replies7
  1. #1digger242j2010-10-29 21:20

    Looks pretty sweet. :thumbsup Is that in addition to the PC-09, or did you get rid of that one?

  2. #2willie592010-10-29 21:23

    Interesting looking boom design.

  3. #3joispoi2010-10-30 03:40

    Looks good! I think you were wise to get it with multiple buckets and the thumb. A lot of guys get a mini with just one bucket and try to make do. But in my opinion, it's a lot like trying to eat dinner with a spork: It can be done, but it's not always pretty, you might not want someone watching you and if you've got anything worthwhile on your plate, it's going to take longer to get through.

  4. #4haF.AST2010-11-01 11:42

    Still have the PC-09... needed a little more!

  5. #5JCBgm2010-11-01 18:55

    You get it from Walsh? Charlie had called me some time back looking for an 8018 w/ a cab.

  6. #6Anto Modded2010-11-01 19:24

    Looks like a nice machine, but i know a guy who had one and it broke his heart, fitted 3 pumps in one year, had a double pump i think....not 100% sure. Seemed a soft machine compaired to the takeuchi and kubota. I think that tube design is on the komatsu also. Machine you bought is mint and jcb's always have a spacest cab too

  7. #7haF.AST2010-11-01 19:36

    Yes, I got it from Charlie @ Walsh. I'm sure he was calling you about the one for me. SO far, so good. I have about 125 hours on it and I am very pleased with it. Yes, I do love the cab!