Has anyone seen the new 410 yet? It's the 410H I think. What do you guys think of the new paint theme that Deere has out now for the excavator and backhoes? Blake
They scraped the H model and the new line is the J due very soon...
REALLY? What problems did they have with the H model? That is very interesting. I was wondering why I hadn't seen ANYTHING regarding the new 410. Blake
I think the black and yellow color scheme looks awesome. It makes the excavators look even better than they already are.
:thumbdown
They are looking a little too much like Volvo with the black and yellow.
FORD LT, thank you! That is what I was waiting to hear. I do not like the new colors one bit. I finally was happy to see the color scheme they have now, like for the J model dozers and loaders, and the C or C LC models for the excavators. I like it, but this black boom and yellow cab thing is not cool. Blake
J Series John Deere Backhoes Good morning, You can see the new J Series Backhoes on John Deere's website. Go to the 2007 Information Center tab and click on Feb 2007 Construction Equipment Review.
Looks pretty cool... does anyone know if you also control the steering and directional control of the machine with those handrests??
I think its a similar set up to JCB's pilot controls where the 2 attached joysticks are used to control the hoe once a button it pressed,once you turn the seat around it unlocks the sensor and the joysticks become useless but there is an override where you can run both the hoe and loader at the same time.The third joystick is used to control the loader.Its a slick set up and I loved the fact I could streach out my legs with nothing in the way except the pedal for my extendable stick. Anyone know if the J series like Cat's E series will replace the floor pedal with a roller built into the joystick for the extendahoe?
Done and done. The cat uses a roller type control o nthe right pilot control and case uses something simular, althoughg their's is just two depressable buttons, one for in and one for out.
If Deere went with either the roller or 2 buttons that would be a very nice machine though the Cat's design would get your thumb tired after awhile.
Deere is using a two way thumb switch in one of the joysticks to control extendable dipper. They are also using a switch or a button in the joysticks to control aux function, depending on if you have metered two way flow or "on/off" one way flow. The machine also has auto idle like most excavators now. Pretty sweet machine. :thumbsup
I use the roller on the right stick in my Cat all day with no dramas...I find it well better than the 2 buttons I had in the previous model as it gives a small degree of progressiveness and ability to make smaller adjustments...well thats how it seems anyway.
Not to get too far off topic but now after say 5 years of service do you think that the roller will still be tight or will you see some slack? I love all these new options of convience as an operator but as a future owner I'd be a bit nervous of something going wrong and costing me an arm and a leg,computers and electronics never come cheap.
I would be willing to try the roller activation. I know that my thumb gets real fatigued when I am doing something like running the Hoe pac with a two button activation (actually one button). Granted I could probably now do push ups on just my thumbs but thats not the point.:Banghead