Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New John Deere 310 SJ TC

9420pullpan · 2006-09-20 22:38

pulled these from another site i sat in the one in vegas conexpo i like this machine alot looks real comfortable

Replies20
  1. #19420pullpan2006-09-20 22:46

    more

  2. #2digger242j2006-09-20 23:50

    It doesn't feel the least bit strange to me to have the joysticks right there at the end of the armrests in an excavator, but in a backhoe, it just doesn't look right! (Must be getting too old and set in my ways...)

  3. #3Cat4202006-09-21 00:12

    Nope, I'm young and I don't like the joysticks like that either. Also you'll notice that it looks like tons of room for getting into the seat, but that is only with the wheel tilted all the way up. It would be great for digging though.

  4. #4CascadeScaper2006-09-21 00:34

    I'm going to agree as well, joysticks on the arm rest has to be the stupidest design ever. How could you not bump into them running the loader?

  5. #5Squizzy246B2006-09-21 01:04

    Just a guess but I think they lock out in loader mode...or at least they shift to loader mode...thats what the new Case does anyways.

  6. #6jazak2006-09-21 08:47

    Don't like it either. Even if they do lock out its just something to knock into or accidentally break:nono

  7. #7Cat4202006-09-21 11:01

    I'd be worried about the lockout switch breaking from constant use. It's nice to see innovation, but sometimes the current stuff is good enough. The machines with joysticks that are mounted in the back and pivot to swing into place are more than comfortable for all day use. What about when your stuck in mud and need to drive and use both the front and back bucket to get out? Not that I've ever done that

  8. #8CascadeScaper2006-09-21 13:34

    Deere was thinking way too hard on this one. Cat had it right with the D series pilots mounted on pedastals in the rear of the cab.

  9. #9murray832006-09-21 14:45

    layout looks very similar to the new jcb pilot control system i ran on a rental hoe and actualy you know i really like them.i like them so much if i was to buy a new backhoe,i'd go jcb over cat and deere. and yes you can use both loader and backhoe controls at once.

  10. #109420pullpan2006-09-21 22:49

    im have to disagree i think it is the cats *** i really liked the way it felt in vegas and i think with an air ride seat even bumps will not matter bc the controls ride with you. now the switch cant help that if it breaks. the future is fly by wire so we better get use to it i dont know if u noticed but the control valves are attached to the cylinders. fast response. i like it alot along with the new cat m series i like the fly by wire easier no more sloppy linkage etc.

  11. #11Ford LT-90002006-09-22 00:55

    Even thou backoes have excavator style controls a backhoe still would be frustrating to run. In my area its rare to see a contractor to go out and buy a new rubber tired hoe there just doesn't seem to be a large amount of work for them. You figure that Deere is going to cost 100,000 plus to buy your going to need allot of utility work to pay for it. As for the joysticks being mounted to the seat I really don't know if that is a good idea. One advantage of them being there is if you have a person tailgating you you can take the dipper and knock out the guys grill and radiator :roll I also noticed Deere built a different style of loader arms. See how well those Deere's sell.

  12. #12Mike J2006-09-22 02:23

    Looks comfortable to run. I am pretty sure the same joystick runs the loader as runs the backhoe. Does the left joystick fold away from the seat when you are running the loader? I read something about JD's new backhoes and remember thinking the stuff was very forward thinking.

  13. #13CascadeScaper2006-09-22 15:45

    If the left joystick folded away, then that would be nice. And it looks as if the right joystick controls the loader, that's a nice feature.

  14. #14Dwan Hall2006-09-22 19:42

    Next thing you know there will be joy sticks on the arms of my office chair. 1 to run the computor and the other to run the coffee pot and answer the phone.

  15. #15Tigerotor77W2006-09-22 20:40

    Ford, what do you see different about the loader arms? I'm missing it... :Banghead

  16. #16Dwan Hall2006-09-22 20:52

    The cross section looks more like an I beem.

  17. #17Cat4202006-09-22 21:07

    They have had the I beam style loader arm for a while now. Looks like a very sturdy piece.

  18. #18Dozerboy2006-09-22 21:22

    X2 They should of made it so the left one takes the place of the steering wheel. The thing I don't like about the Cats is it can fill up with dirt underneath the controls and that will make them very hard to move. I’m always getting into places I need to drive and run the boom at the same time so this would be handy and nothing run like a deere.:yup :thumbsup

  19. #19MVFD2006-09-23 02:37

    Im pretty sure you wont see the lock out break while owning one while in business.. if so it may be from operators or mechanics, that arnt so gentle... Its no different then the lock out on an excavator, its on and off all day long if your in and out of the machine. altho its not completely locking out, its still doing the same process only locking on thing out unlocking another. I personaly like the idea of keeping everything together.. just makes more sense.. and I dont think deere is the type of company to design something that isnt comfortable. Id be willing to bet if you climbed in to it you would be in heaven regaurdless of your preference. Im young and its may be my iggnorance but I love joysticks. I think it makes the over all product come out that much more nice, and allows for finer movements of the machine. I grew up while computers took over, so I like the new designs much better.. altho I have run a few drotts with sticks... not the most enjoyable time :bouncegri

  20. #20tuney4432006-09-24 21:18

    Ditto to the loader arms.My 410G has identical arms--from memory,I think the E's had the same design--extremely strong but then again my arms on my old 510B were of a boxed design and they too are fine.Those new controls seem like the cat's ass--They would have to also be the loader control--if Deere built it,it's gotta be right.Yeah--I'm prejudiced just a little.