Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New machine pictures

dustmaker ยท 2008-07-18 23:48

New machine delivered yesterday, here is some photos. The ride control is awesome, love the clean cab and air. Paul

Replies44
  1. #1dustmaker2008-07-18 23:50

    Two more.

  2. #2Bellboy2008-07-19 02:24

    Ag, sweeeet. That is the Bell equivalent of the L705D. As far as I know, its made by Liebherr. I really love that little machine. What you going to use it for?

  3. #395zIV2008-07-19 03:01

    Is that the little beast with the rear axle that turns too? I ran a one of those that did that on a power substation that the company I worked for was doing and the maneuverability of it was awesome, just took some time to get used to how fast it turned.

  4. #4coopers2008-07-19 03:49

    That's a great looking loader! I see you're from WA, what area? I'm in King County. I like how the bucket rolls so far back, that's nice! I don't think I've ever seen a 244 at any Pape's, Mt. Vernon or Kent. Be sure to share more photos at your convenience.

  5. #5jimmyjack2008-07-19 14:45

    nice pics, hows the toyota like the weight seems like alot to me for a tacoma

  6. #6tonka2008-07-19 15:56

    We had a 244J at my old job in Cali the worst thing to get used to the the forward and reverse button on the joystick.... does your have the radio opption? the A/C in ours went out all the time to....

  7. #7cat3202008-07-19 18:05

    They delivered that with a toyota? now I have not seen one that tows that much weight yet the trailer alone has to be around 3k lbs pluse machine weight. Good luck with that 244 she looks nice .

  8. #8N.CarolinaDozer2008-07-19 18:10

    nice machine!:drinkup

  9. #9Dirtman20072008-07-19 18:16

    That was the first thing I noticed... seems like a lot of weight for that size truck Anyways congrats on the new loader!

  10. #10dustmaker2008-07-19 22:01

    Thats my Tundra and trailer in the photo. The trailer is 3,300lbs, I'm still looking for a truck to pull the new loader. I do use the Tundra to pull my Power-trac 1445 on that trailer at about 7,500 lbs gross. I was just testing the weight center to see how I will have to load the 244J, it is sitting on the jack, truck was just to stabilize the trailer. They do deliver those on a 14,000 lb skid steer trailer behind a one ton truck. The machine will be used for construction, landscaping and general utility, snow plowing, mowing with a flail mower etc. I wanted to downsize from my wa180 and up-size my utility tractor. Air conditioned cab was a must have. I am in Spokane Washington. I put about 6 hours on the machine today, works fantastic. The ride is much better than my Komatsu. Seams a lot easier to fill the bucket also, was a little concerned about the 1.4 yard bucket on this size machine but no problems so far with stability or loading. The turning ability is fantastic, not a skid steer certainly but much more nimble than my larger loader. It seams like I am already moving as much dirt as with the larger machine due to easier bucket fill, faster travel speeds, titer turning. Paul

  11. #11Bellboy2008-07-20 03:28

    Interesting where they put the fuel tank. Is that your or factory installed. I want one!!

  12. #12dustmaker2008-07-20 14:02

    That is the factory fuel tank location. Liebherr does not sell the small stereo steer loaders in the US, as not to compete with Deere I guess. In the Liebherr literature I noticed they offer a large tool box as an option installed on the left side opposite the fuel tank, I probably would have opted for that had Deere offered it. I could check and see if one could be ordered from Liebherr but it would probably cost too much. Paul

  13. #13dustmaker2008-07-22 22:09

    Deer calls this there site pro. Its a universal skid steer QA adapter. I am planing on using a fair amount of skid steer attachments. The ones that don't have to be as heavy duty anyway such as a flail mower. Paul

  14. #14MXZ2008-07-22 22:44

    Very nice machine and nicely equipped as well. I think the versatility of the skid steer coupler will prove to be a good choice. Thanks for all the pics. Always fun to see new iron, especially something a little out of the mainstream.

  15. #15coopers2008-07-22 23:19

    So are there two "spikes" or pins that come down on each side that hold the attachment on? I'm guessing it's hydraulic driven and not manual like some skidsteers? Who are you using for a snow plow on that machine?

  16. #16MDD2008-07-27 23:23

    We rented a 244 for a couple months. I thought at first I was gonna love it. but after tramming with it, I changed my mind. SLOW!!!!! even empty that thing wont go up a hill that quick. The little dude will go anywhere though. I wanna try out that 344J, but I cant find any in the USA for sale anywhere. TONKA, I have to disagree with you on the joystick forward and reverse. That is an awesome and easy to use feature. We rented a 624J for a summer and really got to like its setup the same way.

  17. #17Bellboy2008-08-01 14:33

    Not used a lot here, but I'm going to change that when I can! HAHA!!

  18. #18tonka2008-08-01 16:35

    We have a WA 70 where i work now and it also has the forward and reverse on the joystick and i have grown used to it and like it.

  19. #19ArtieT2008-08-22 12:09

    Dustmaker - Any pics of the attachments you are going to run? Flail mower etc? I sure could use machine like that on the farm!!!!

  20. #20Sreamerbeast2008-10-09 19:51

    Wow That is a cool skid steer coupler Got a jcb with the same as your deere and a case that has the same hook up as a skid steer. were did you get your skid steer couple got a grapple bucket that goes for the case but would like to use it on the jcb.

  21. #21dustmaker2008-10-09 21:47

    The adapter is from John Deere. They call it there Worksite Pro skid-steer-style coupler.

  22. #22Sreamerbeast2008-10-09 22:06

    cool might get one them

  23. #23jak.ditch2008-11-16 20:43

    Wow i see your pulling that nice loader with a regular pick-up, does it haul it ok and how about stopping?

  24. #24bluntman410g2008-11-20 20:46

    Nice Machine You Got There

  25. #25joe67942009-01-03 05:38

    good looking machine

  26. #26fendtman2009-02-23 07:55

    jd 244 E model? how much elecontronics does this model have. a jockey has a used 244E and wondering if it is full of electronics control?

  27. #27CatTractorDerek2009-05-18 10:59

    244j How did you like the rear steering? Deere says it has the tighest turning radius. I would like that over time the rear steering would become sloppy and the machine would fish tail at travel speeds. Derek

  28. #28tonka2009-05-18 11:34

    Um i only operated that lil thing for a short time, like a week thank god! I ran a hoe most of the time, back then sorry i cant help ya there bud.

  29. #29CatTractorDerek2009-05-18 11:37

    244j How do you like your 244J? Have you had any problems getting parts? Does your rear steering get sloppy over time?

  30. #30dustmaker2009-05-19 20:41

    Derek 1 2 I have not had anything break, do not think Deere is know for not stocking enough parts though. 3 I drove a 244J with over 2,000 hours and it seamed just as tight, that being said any mechanical device will wear out. Paul R

  31. #31CatTractorDerek2009-05-19 20:45

    I have a customer in the Desert that has a 244J. Said when he rodes the machine it fish tails due to slop in the rear axle steering. Cat just introduced the 906H last year with a high speed option (22mph) and high Flow Hydraulic option. Sold one in the mountains and they love it, like it mych better then the older 906 they had previously.

  32. #32MXZ2009-05-20 22:52

    Sounds like a guy who needs some parts, like most people who own and use equipment. I believe the 244J has always had nearly 20 mph road speed. Thanks for another sales pitch though.

  33. #33FUJINAMI304CCR2009-07-18 03:55

    i think this is equivalent to a cat 902 or 904 wheeled loader

  34. #34pigpig2009-07-22 07:32

    Nice Machine, cool trailer, Must feel like the king opperating a new machine. Pigpig

  35. #35dozerdave2009-07-23 00:24

    dustmaker Super little machine and the project mgr. has a big smile on her face so you can set back and enjoy.

  36. #36MrKomatsu2009-07-23 06:57

    :drinkupvery nice pics.........:usa

  37. #37Crocker2009-07-26 13:03

    Very nice good luck and enjoy

  38. #38engineman562009-07-28 12:53

    I like the Quick change for the bucket to the forks. Kevin

  39. #39JDSKIDSTEER2009-09-05 07:42

    I sold one to a logger a couple of weeks ago to load logs. Went up the mountain great. Loaded like a beast. First one I ever sold. I took a farmer to a rock yard in Tenessee to look at one that had 3600 hours on it. They said it had only been in the shop once, and it was for something that was their fault. They had JDB, Kubota and Deere. They buy what ever they can get the best price on at the time of purchase, but the guys who run them prefer the Deere.

  40. #40garieresco2009-09-05 09:23

    Quick Change heads are always very useful, and provide lot's of utility...this machine was well spec'd. Right On.

  41. #41powerjoke2009-09-05 11:11

    Nice lil loader. I would like to have one for my snow crew but will probably stick to the cheap skidder's Pj

  42. #42brushmaster902011-07-18 15:50

    Nice little loader, thanks for the pics.

  43. #43Marc V2011-07-25 16:47

    After 3 years, how is the 244 running? Are you still happy with it? Would you buy it again? Any problems or complaints? I have a Kubota R420 and I am looking to trade up to a larger machine and would like to hear about your history with the 244.

  44. #44rabia2012-06-18 06:16

    machine is looking nice i also really like its color