Just brought myself a Compact wheel loader. An old Hough H-25B payloader. Have got pictures but unable to list at the minute got a few problems that can be sorted out. Main problem i have at the minute is 1st gear doesn't work and 2nd gear drives but hills stall the machine. The transmission is Hydrostatic drive. Got the service manual on order but would like to find the fault and see if I can cure it. hydraulic filter plugged??? Any suggestions would be great. Just got my hands on a hough H-25B as a project and work horse. Just need to sort out the 2 speed Hydrostatic Transmission. 1st gear doesn't work for some reason in forward or reverse and 2nd gear works but as soon as you get to a hill, it's stalls (engine is revving) I have ordered a service manual But would like to put my finger on it. Had a quick look under seat and Never seen such a BIG valve block for transmission on such a little machine and feed and return hoses are 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" Any suggestions would be great. Would post a picture but can't work out how to Just brought a Hough h-25B payloader with bucket and forklift attachment. Brillant piece of kit, apart from loss of 1st gear and 2nd gear drives but you hit a incline and you stall. Not sure why and looking to see if anyone can help with suggestions. I have ordered a service manual but would like to get it to drive so i can park it out the way. Someone did suggest the torque converter but I have got drive in 2nd so i would assume this is not the case. There is some solenoids on the transmission valve block that are disconnected or wiring not brillant. find enclosed some pics of the machine
That kind of looks like a forklift chassis, and the transmission you describe sounds like it could be a fork lift tranny. Try to determine if this is the case, parts and a manual might be more easily found than you might think.
h25b i had the samw machine, its built from the ground up as a loader. i think your problem is in the valve that controls the speed and direction. could have a broken seal. mine was pretty durable and it was easy to work on. you can see where the valve is right behind the directional lever. i think your problem is in there, does 1st ans 2nd work ok in reverse?
Does anyone have any pics of other small "H" series loaders? I just bought one and got it home today. Mine is very similar to boothybunch's, but the rear counterweight/grille shell is different (more rounded) and the breather can is mounted under the hood instead of on top. Also, his looks like it actually runs... :Banghead fh
Well mine maybe a 1963 of the same model I've been thinking that mine would be a 1955-1967 cause the 67's look a little different and the old pre55's were described by Pauhl300 as not having 4-cyl hydraulics and torque converter. My Waukesha engine is looked up as a feb-march 1963. I cant share pics just yet so later can share some with you all. Mine looks identical to farminhand's so I'll keep up to date with your discusions and help with as much info as possible.
got my hough working Hello all I thank you for taking the time and posting replys to my post. I Bit the bullet and purchased a hydraulic test kit and found i had no pressure being generated on the high pressure low flow side. pulled the main pump off and stripped it, Found the main shaft had sheared due to the high pressure vane section breaking and jamming the shaft. I had quote here in the UK to rebuild my pump and they were looking at 1650 pounds. After cussing a lot and telling them where to shove the quote, I went on vacation to florida for 3 months. while surfing the net, I found a guy here who supplied vickers vane rebuilt units they had one in stock that was all but identical (same high pressure side, slightly smaller low pressure side) Delivered to my door here in usa for $400. Damn good deal. I stripped out the pump and sent all the internals back to UK to my father and junked the cases here. When I got back to the UK, I rebuilt the my pump, rebuilt the hough and it work. Only problem now is as soon as you put it in gear, it moves. Looks like the control solenoid that controls the spool valve is stuck. Later houghs according to the manuals i acquired had a rotary valve connected to the throttle/gas pedal. I have been looking to retrofit the later valve and junk the solenoid but no-one has one. Any ideas how to construct one? Let me describe what it's got to do with a picture (below) it's easy to plumb in a simple valve, but it's got to dump the pressure when shut off to shut down the spool valve. As far as I can gather, the hi pressure feed into the spool valve enables the hough to shift gear (theory) from a Low speed Hi torque gear to hi speed low torque gear. But the spool has 2 gears in both forward and reverse. How come it has to be difficult HAHAHA Any Ideas let me know
Hough h25 Hi I realise this is quite an old thread but I thought it was worth a try I have just got a Hough H25 loader and I know nothing about it. I think it has transmission problenms. Its dificult to getting from low to high without stalling and high gear whines a bit. Any information you can offer on this machine would be appreciated
Wow, never seen one of those. It looks like a death trap though.