Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New meaning to high lift excavator

Welder Dave ยท 2023-07-11 19:51

Came across this on the net. What would it be used for, unloading rail cars? Sure can't be that many prospective purchasers. Just servicing it would be a pain. 28.5 feet tall! Brandt | Details www.brandt.ca

Replies8
  1. #1CM19952023-07-11 20:04

    All I know is it cost a hell of lot more to build it than they are asking for it.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-07-11 20:34

    I'd guess that's kind of a blow out price even though it's $200K+cad. Never thought you'd need fall protection on an excavator. I built over a 100 hooped safety ladders like that for large oilfield tanks as a 1st. year apprentice.

  3. #3Jenson482023-07-11 20:55

    Draining the oil would be hysterical. Hope a strong wind didn't come through while draining.

  4. #4skyking12023-07-11 21:07

    It's only good for about 200 degrees of operation with that ladder and railing on the one side.

  5. #5roysbigtoys2023-07-16 20:17

    It would be hard to grade looking down from that far.

  6. #6keif2023-07-16 22:14

    Transporting it will be fun!

  7. #7hvy 1ton2023-07-16 23:10

    It's for straddling rail cars. I'm assuming Canadian occupational safety is not a fan of the cheap way.

  8. #8Welder Dave2023-07-16 23:47

    That's what I figured. The operator in video above was kind of rough with his first bucket slamming it down. Seems very unusual that a specialty machine like this would be a New Holland.