Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new member

woberlin ยท 2004-12-14 23:46

Hi everyone! This is a very impressive forum-there certainly seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. My name is Bill, and I just entered the ecavating business this fall. I have owned a autobody shop for the last 8 years and business has fallen off greatly the last several years, so it's time to start a new venture. On a whim last summer I was browsing e-bay and found a Ford L-8000 single axle dump, and much to my wife's horror, I won it. One thing led to another and now I have a tandem dump, d-3 dozer, and a Komatsu PC-75 excavator. I have always loved running heavy equipment, and got a considerable bit of experience in the military. So far so good. There seems to be plenty of work here in northeastern Ohio. I've picked-up quite a few jobs already, and have'nt even been looking seriously yet. Winter finally seems to be starting here, so hopefully I can paint my trucks before next spring. I know I've learned alot from this forum already, and there is alot more I need to learn!

Replies4
  1. #1will_gurt2004-12-15 00:03

    Welcome to the forum! Do not be bashful in asking questions. There is a great wealth of knowledge here.

  2. #2badranman2004-12-15 21:05

    Glad to have you here. Post any pics of the equipment if you got 'em.:drinkup

  3. #3Steve Frazier2004-12-16 17:47

    Welcome to HeavyEquipment Forums.com!!:drinkup Have a look around, don't be afraid to ask any questions! I think some before and after shots of those trucks would be great in the Trucks forum!

  4. #4Digger22004-12-17 10:58

    Welcome womberlin I'm new to this forum also. It really is a great spot for us. It seems to be really active too.