Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New member

stjo46 ยท 2007-11-29 16:18

Hello I'm new menber to the Heavy Equipment Forum and from what I've read and viewed I know that I will enjoy this. I like Iron, old iron, new iron what ever I have been around the industry all my life and enjoyed it. For you gentleman that like excavators I'm going to attach some pictures of the michines that I make, I hope you enjoy.

Replies14
  1. #1fireman0502007-11-29 16:32

    welcome to hef thats some nice work you got there

  2. #2Lashlander2007-11-29 17:13

    Welcome!:usa

  3. #3Squizzy246B2007-11-30 06:59

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. Great copper work :thumbsup ....must be long cold winters up there in Alaska

  4. #4Countryboy2007-11-30 18:55

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums stjo46! :drinkup How much is the shipping on one of them....lets say to Georgia.

  5. #5chevymack2007-11-30 20:05

    Newbie here as well

  6. #6Countryboy2007-11-30 20:15

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums chevymack! :drinkup

  7. #7NateV2007-11-30 20:16

    Welcome!!! Nice work you do there, I wouldnt mind having one of them either. How much for one like the top one?

  8. #8stjo462007-11-30 20:25

    Shipping Cost When I shipped this one back to Massachusetts this past spring it cost me over $200. the sculpture was over 22lbs, total shipping weight was apx. 40lbs I hope this helps.

  9. #9stjo462007-11-30 20:48

    Sculpture Pricing Hello; That unit is a Deere/Hitachi 450 class machine its a 13 to 1 scale, its owned by a private collector.To make sculpture to that degree of detail again it would be $ 7,000.00 If you have a interest please let me know. Take a look at my web site for some of my other work. www.SteveColby.net

  10. #10NateV2007-12-01 11:22

    WOW thats a good bit of money, if i ever hit the lottery ill giva ya a call lol but out of curiosity how long does it take you to make one like that?

  11. #11stjo462007-12-02 01:57

    time spent The base sculpture with minuman detail 100 hrs. then add another 200hrs to do the undercaciage detail. The additional detail of the hydraulic lines the thumb, hand rails,glass in the cab its all time. heres a picture of part of the track.

  12. #12nedly052007-12-02 18:46

    stjo46: You are a truly talented and amazing craftsman, you should be very proud of yourself. I am very very impressed:notworthy

  13. #13stjo462007-12-02 18:56

    Thank You I appreciate that. Thank You steve colby

  14. #14nedly052007-12-02 19:12

    hafta give credit where credt is due:thumbsup