Hello all. I’m a newly retired Civil Engineer. I have been in construction all of my life and now I’m doing some work on my own projects now that I have time. Invested in. Komatsu Excavator PC138USLC2. I do a fair share of my own mechanical work but I’m new to the heavy equipment work. I have approximately 200 hrs of seat time in my new machine and have had to do a few repairs already. I have recently noticed the tracking of my excavator is slowing and I’m looking into why this is happening and what steps to rectify the problem.
Ahoy, and welcom to the forum. Did your tracking function suddenly slow down or has it gradually gotten worse? Have any other functions slowed down? When was the fluid and filter last changed and what viscosity was used? Also if you post a serial number it helps narrow down information. None of this is specific to your machine persay but seems to be the first round of gathering info.