Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New guy here from a precast plant in Aurora, IL

ATMIPrecast_Eugene · 2025-10-16 13:46

Hey everyone, my name’s Eugene and I’m with ATMI Precast out in Aurora, Illinois. We build precast concrete for all kinds of big projects, and we run a lot of heavy gear to make it happen. On any given day, you’ll see gantry cranes, forklifts, loaders, spotter trucks, and just about every piece of equipment you can think of moving around our plant. I’ve been spending a lot of time with the crew that keeps it all running, and I’ve got a huge respect for the people who can tear something apart, figure it out, and have it back working better than before. I’m here to connect with more folks who live that kind of work every day. Glad to be part of the forum and looking forward to getting to know some of you. Seems like a solid group of people who know their craft and take pride in it.

Replies6
  1. #1John Shipp2025-10-16 15:43

    Welcome to the forum Eugene, it's a very cool place here with some serious knowledge, plus some jokers and dabblers - in fact some of us are all of this combined

  2. #2Coaldust2025-10-16 19:34

    Welcome to the HEF. I love concrete, too. We have much in common, already. Been been thinking about getting one of those mud mixers from the Home Depot and making my own. You can mix a lot of mud with a mixer like that.

  3. #3CM19952025-10-17 11:47

    Welcome the Forums! Glad to have you. We use pre-cast all the time just underground though. I haven't been around many pre-cast buildings other than parking decks.

  4. #4ATMIPrecast_Eugene2025-10-17 11:51

    Thanks! A lot of data centers are going/have gone that way. If you see any chances are they might be precast.

  5. #5CM19952025-10-17 13:01

    Yeah we have several planned in our area. I bid a site work job for a pre-cast hotel 8-10 stories or so but backed out prior to signing a contract. FWIW it went up quick.

  6. #6Legdoc2025-10-17 18:58

    Warm welcome from S. Texas