Small business owner turned property manager turned farm manager, agriculture student and farmer. Been around heavy equipment my whole life, mostly ag and forestry equipment, started managing my family's commercial and agricultural properties after my Grandpa passed away a few years ago. Really got into the ag part of it, snowballed from putting up hay and fixing up the equipment to going back to school for agribusiness. Used a few posts on here to help me pick out my first real piece of heavy equipment, an old Cat D7 cable dozer that I'm going to use for land clearing and miscellaneous ag work, although it's old enough that I'd be fooling myself if I though it would be much more than a toy. Besides land clearing, I've got a pretty strong interest in doing erosion mitigation work, and with a background in soil science, agronomy and forestry, I'm already predisposed to get hooked on heavy equipment.
No replies yet.