Hello all! Been wondering if theres a heavy equipment forum. Im on 2 other truck forums. I'm new to being an equipment operator and pretty young at 22. Been working for a heavy equipment auction house for almost a year and got promoted and put into a loader in March. I also have a Class A CDL and enjoy driving the trucks we get in for auction. My assigned loader is a 2024 Volvo L90H and I love it! Put a little over 500hrs on it so far. Sometimes I'm in one of our L120s when the L90 doesn't cut it. Most of those hours have been spent moving 53 foot dry vans and reefers along with loading/unloading customers. Going to be getting a radio and speakers installed here in the next week or two. Happy to be here! Obligatory pic...
Right on. Fellow inmate here in the people's republic of Illinois. Welcome to the forums. There's a separate spot for new member introductions. But this works pretty good , I guess
Welcome to HEF Squirt !
Thanks guys!
Ooommmmm.....you said reefer
Welcome aboard! Nice piece of kit you have there!
Why does your loader have a huge sects toy on the front of it?
Oh ****....if I disappear I got banned again lol
LOL
Thanks! They ordered it with the extra lighting package and man is it going to make it nice working when the sun goes down!
It's for semi trailers. The other one has a pintle hitch on it along with a pin for goosenecks.
Now you see what ya signed up for. Non stop shenanigans
Oh I know how these forums can get! I have a thread that's nothing but BSing and shenanigans
Cute little bugger...
It's a fine line that happens to be a moving target. Be careful, ol' Vetech, he'll lead you right up to the edge, then jump over, giggling like a madman
Oh boy
Which auction house do you work for?
Not really wanting to say the exact one but it is one of the largest in the world with many many locations worldwide.
So you're in Grundy co?
No
????
Oh actually yes.
I'm close to RB's biggest auction site in N. America in terms of annual sales. Orlando has the biggest auction but they don't have as many auctions.
let me tell you a story about that. I was working a landfill closure and we were mining topsoil for the top cover out on a farm. That last day, we stayed late and the 988B did not have the cab lights. It was dump, dump dump shake SURPRISE! with only the fender lights to see the load. Those cab lights are nice. Just like this one, no cab lights.
LOL They also have the lights on the left and right sides of the cab. The one to the right of the door stays on and acts like an enter/exit light.
Just hit 800hrs in under 6 months. Wouldn't be surprised if I go over 1k before the new year
Another fun one
Made some DIY mud flaps today! Should help with ice and snow this winter...
What did you make them from?
I did the same for my little cat 908M, went to a international truck center near me, purchased some generic mud flaps they use on dump trucks, 18-wheelers etc, not expensive(to me), then cut what you want etc. I purchased ones that were smooth on both sides etc.
Just some rubber semi truck flaps our mechanics were tossing out. They're not the cheap plasticy flaps.
They're already working great! Had some rain last night and they're keeping the mud down...
I'll have to watch their garbage bins to see if I can get some more to do the other side of the machine.
A few weeks ago I asked boss man if we could get some beet juice put in the rear tires to add some more ass to the rear of the loader. I guess he got the go ahead and yesterday they filled the rears up. Much much better! Feels way more planted especially when putting 48' highboys on another highboy trailers! Seems to ride a little better too!