This is a new house site clearing job. Its being done in 3 phases. First job was putting in access, second phase clearing the entire property with a select few trees left, and the 3rd phase will be road building with house pad.
Sorry, didn't realize i could only post 4 pics at a time. Rookie right here, haha. Will add the pics of Dirt Work once it's completed
Now time for Seeding!
Good stuff, Assassin. Just a heads up, if you hit insert inline after uploading pics they will post as large pics instead of thumbnails.
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!
Do you grade all that out buy hand (no GPS) with the little dozer? Looks perfect. Nice work.
I'm jealous, not a rock in sight
Thanks Farmerlund! Yes sir, no gps on the little 650j. I let my volvo 160 excavator do most of the heavy work, and use the 650 for pushing, raking, and then grading. Just like every tool on a job, it has it's place where you can rock and roll with it pretty good. Hoping to add a 750ish size machine though.
Definitely no rock here! Only trouble we have here is ground stability. It stays wet wet wet wet here. It's a major struggle because it rains so much down here, being so close to the gulf.
I sold my 650H and got a 700J with a ripper a few years ago. I really like the 700J. Quite a bit of difference in pushing power.
I've heard a lot of good things about the 700! My buddy has 700j with a 210 volvo setup. It's a sweet setup. Only thing that scares me about the 700 is(and this is according to a good friend of mine who is a john deere mechanic) they see the 700's have more issues out of final drives than any other model. He also did say that most of their customers who had issues with theirs, happen to be loggers, who are well known for abusing the heck out of their equipment. I'd like to see what some grading contractors had to say about theirs.
Ha, that's kind of funny I have a Volvo 210 also. My 700J has 5200hrs so far and have not had any problems yet. I am second owner. mine was used mostly for grading with the gps setup on it. Had 4700 hrs on it when I got it. I would think logging would be harder on it than grading. Mine is also a XLT not a LGP. not sure if that makes a difference in final drive wear.
NIce! I'm jealous man! Im sure they took great care of it. I seen a guy the other day and he said that they got 12k hours out of their 700h series. Only major repair was one final drive. I'm sure you'll get plenty of life out of yours. Do you have any pics posted yet buddy?? Love seeing everybody's fleet.
I have a few in the dozer thread. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums
That is some great looking work! Nice to see someone take so much pride in there clearing. Keep posting!
I like that Rake! How many hours do you have your D8?? A D8 would sink outta site in a lot of areas around here.
Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate the positive words man! I love seeing the transformation of a piece of ground, although i can be a little o.c.d. at times with my work, it pays off when i see the customer's reaction. Makes all the extra effort worth it. Since i'm a rookie on this site, should i keep posting my pics under the same thread, or do you guys post your work under a new thread every time??
Looks good. I'd just keep your thread going and update as you complete jobs or break something
Haha.. Thanks Junkyard! One thing is for certain, something will get broken in this biz. Especially the wallet! lol
Before pictures of a drainage ditch clearing job for a chicken farm. Pretty Hard ground in this area here.
Ya, the rake works better than the typical dozer rake. Its off a wheel loader. Not sure about the hours on the D8H, Guy I bought it from took very good care of it. rebuilt engine and trans before I got it. should last a very long time. Not usable in soft ground for sure. LOL
Dang, it looks like pretty heavy duty rake. I'd say that d8 should last you a long time man! I bet that thing can ever more push
Thanks for posting. I love seeing others work and how similar or different it is done in other areas. Another great job. I get a little OCD myself once in a while but it feels good to be proud of your work and you should definitely be proud if yours.
Pond Job before and after.. Customer said he wanted a deep pond!
That's pretty Deep!
deeper the better awesome!!!!!!!!!! i like them 25' last long time that way and easier for the ecosystem to come back if you have a shallow end too@@@
Thats right! I get nervous going that deep.. I Worry about hitting sandy soils that far down around here, but ultimately left up to the customer when you tell them up front.
Before Pics : Reconditioning 2600' ft. of an existing logging road for a timber company. Overgrown and plenty of mud holes to fix!
After Pics....Would've like to have cleaned the remainder of the ditch out with the excavator, customer's budget wouldn't allow for it.
Wow, so clean. Thanks
Nice work! Neat and clean, you know how to run a blade. I know what you mean about the rain, I'm a little farther north but we get out fair share.