Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

big pipe

jmac ยท 2017-06-30 19:41

Installed some big pipe

Replies18
  1. #1hosspuller2017-06-30 22:25

    What is the installation for ? Underground retention ? Doesn't look like there is anywhere for a flow to go.

  2. #2d9gdon2017-07-01 09:51

    Looks like storm drain.

  3. #3jmac2017-07-01 19:35

    Underground retention for a two acre parking lot, it does tie into a existing storm system. Contaminated soils so no perk allowed.

  4. #4CM19952017-07-03 21:11

    Nice Jmac. Is that the HD ADS pipe?

  5. #5jmac2017-07-03 21:21

    We had very heavy rain Saturday. Flooding roads and closed roads and this. We will fix it but not what we needed now. This pipe only had the invert open because we needed to tie in a structure and that was enough to float this pipe. They tell me we had a river of water rollling through.

  6. #6jmac2017-07-03 21:22

    This pipe is 60" pipe.

  7. #7jmac2017-07-03 21:25

    Ads pipe

  8. #8CM19952017-07-03 21:30

    Damn Jmac! I've seen pictures of floated pipe but never had it happen. Invert in open without the 60" tied to the outflow?

  9. #9jmac2017-07-03 21:41

    The outlet was tied in. 12" outlet. This was a 12" inlet for structure. There is three laterals. We now have to reset about 80 feet. They had to rescue people with boats in this neighborhood, just a freak storm that cost me a lot of time and money. Makes my stomach sick, I guess the up side is the pipe doesn't look damaged. About 5,000$ per stick.

  10. #10jmac2017-07-03 21:43

    The pipe about 12" of gravel cover and wasn't enough. Amazing the power of water.

  11. #11jmac2017-07-03 21:47

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bhYK-_5cC-MnJXWkdmVjROb3M/view?usp=drive_web

  12. #12jmac2017-07-03 21:49

    google utica ny flooding, will try and post news link.

  13. #13jmac2017-07-03 21:57
  14. #14CM19952017-07-03 22:12

    Wow that is a lot of water. Any chance of getting a little cost of the re-install reimbursed from the GC/owner? I know it's a shot in the dark but if you installed it according to the plans and it failed due to no fault of yours, they are partly responsible.

  15. #15jmac2017-07-04 08:08

    Considering that but the installation was not complete. I think if it was and all tied in with two structures to help tie it together it would still be in the ground. Not really interested in trying to fight insurance either. Bad luck but have move forward. Thanks for replying needed to vent.

  16. #16CM19952017-07-04 13:50

    No problem that's a rough patch to go through. I agree on insurance, it's not worth the raise in premiums.

  17. #17JDOFMEMI2017-07-04 22:36

    I feel for you. I had about 2,000 feet of 48" float out during a freak storm one weekend. The manholes were in, and the pipe rose out at the manhole, then dove back to the next one. What a pain to dig and repair. The GC just said "Sorry" No help there.

  18. #18jmac2017-07-06 08:26

    Sorry to hear that, but in a sick sort of way , I am glad I am not the only one that had it happen to them. We reinstalled three sticks yesterday so that's 60' back in. I think we have 60' to go so as long as we don't damage any pipe it could be less pain than I originally thought. Back fill and compact and done.