Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEW MOXY MT51 articulated truck

equipment fan · 2007-03-30 17:47

Hi guys,here is the link http://www.moxytrucks.com/Company/News/2007/280307.asp to the latest news on the moxy mt51. read it!

Replies21
  1. #1rino14942007-03-30 17:57

    You mean, people actually still buy Moxy's ???

  2. #2CM19952007-03-30 19:02

    :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh :umno Which brings up the question how Terex is still in business.

  3. #3Countryboy2007-03-30 20:50

    I've never even seen a Moxy in person. :beatsme

  4. #4equipment fan2007-03-30 21:00

    countryboy,you are not only man that never seen a moxy in person,me,i just have seen a deere,volvo,jcb and a komatsu artic in person.

  5. #5CM19952007-03-31 09:48

    That should tell you something about a moxy.

  6. #6traxs2007-04-08 19:34

    Never heard of moxy before...Do they really suck? They don't look too bad. I saw on their website that they have 250 in canada. The Komatsu dealer sells 'em here in Edmonton. Talking about terex, we have a 2000 TA30....oh man what a piece of sh/t.

  7. #7ADMSWELDING2007-04-08 20:08

    I have I,ve seen a moxy rock truck at the qaurry i work at has one out here in mass.First for me just 3 weeks ago.:beatsme

  8. #8CM19952007-04-08 20:34

    I didn't know that Komatsu was part owner in Moxy. Check out this link http://www.tractor-equipment.com/product_line/products.htm go down the page to the Moxy line.

  9. #9biggixxerjim2007-04-09 00:48

    Moxy's are fairly easy to come by in Jersey... Ive just ran a bunch of the old ones, the 6225 and 7235 models, and they had nothing to complain about....

  10. #10Wulf2007-04-10 23:52

    CM1995, its true that Komatsu and Moxy were collabarating since the mid 80's the MT36 and MT40 had a Komatsu transmission, however the relationship was terminated around 2000 and Komatsu came out with their own brand of articulated truck. In my experience Moxy made a nice truck, very solid frames and box which take lots of punishment, Scania engines were excellent too.

  11. #11CM19952007-04-11 10:40

    Thanks for the info Wulf- I was just going by what it said on the TEC website which is our local Komatsu and Moxy dealer. Looking through the Heavy Equipment trader this morning, I came across an old Komatsu artic and it looked like a Bell - same style dump body. It did not have the year model though. There are not many, if any, Moxy trucks that I know of operating around here. I usually base my opinions of equipment this way: 1. Are there alot of them being run by my competitors. 2. Dealership and service - dealership location for our area 3. Resale value compared to comparable machines. I have found a few Moxy's in the Heavy Equipment Trader (local area) - but their resale value compared to Volvo, Cat, Deere, Komatsu trucks is very low in comparision. This is also the case I have found out on MachineryTrader. Usually if a comparable machine with similiar hours is much cheaper than others - then there is a reason for it. Quality, dealer service, parts availability, reliability, etc. But I have also found an exception to this - the used Deere trucks bring more than the used Bell trucks in my area. :beatsme Which these two are virtually the same, but then again it may be dealership and service. Sometimes contractor's preference plays into the mix as well. I guess things like this are the reason why heavy equipment is so fascinating!

  12. #12mtb3452007-04-19 12:40

    i ran a moxey down in GA for 6 months took a beating 12-14 hrs a day no down time

  13. #13dirtworksequip2007-04-20 21:36

    Moxy I ran a New Moxy in 1995. It was a piece of crap compared to Volvo machines at that time period. I advised the owner of the company, not rent anymore or even think about buying any. They never did rent anymore Moxy's,but they have bought several Volvo's and Caterpillar artic's since.

  14. #14xcavator1202009-08-02 23:29

    I'll agree 100%, Moxy's are junk compared to Volvo's, I've ran both. We have 2 Moxy MT30's, 1-Volvo a25c, and 1-Terex. It's a toss up between the Volvo and Terex, however I've got more time in the Volvo..

  15. #15Partsdude2009-08-04 15:10

    One of my customers has 2 MT36's. Oil leaking garage queens. The Scania engines sound nice, but try and find parts for them in Canada. :Banghead I'd be happy to never see one again.

  16. #16WColtharp2009-08-06 09:50

    The grading/utilities company I worked for only ran Cat and Volvo tail dumps. I must say the Volvo trucks are tough to beat in ever category. I believe I have seen 1 moxy here in the Tennessee area, but only saw it while driving so I couldn't get a close up. They look like an interesting truck and I hope they become more common around these areas which are dominantly ruled by Cat wagons and Volvo's. Here's some Moxy info I found on wikipedia: "In the late 80's Moxy started a cooperation with the Japanese company Komatsu. During one period Moxy produced dump trucks that Komatsu sold under their own brand name. In 1981 the Norwegian state owned company AS Olivin and Komatsu together acquired Moxy and changed the company name to Moxy Trucks AS. Olivin owned 2/3 and Komatsu 1/3 of the shares. The new owners injected fresh capital and the Moxy dump trucks were sold through the Komatsu sales network, which led to a large increase in sales. They built Komatsu 25 & 27 tonne machine under licence, for sale in the European market. In 2000 Komatsu withdrew from the partnership and Moxy lost a number of its sales outlets, which led to a reduction in sales. The drop in sales in turn led to a reduction in the workforce, this coincided with the Norwegian state's efforts to partly privatise Olivin (49 % of the shares were sold to private investors). In order to make Olivin more attractive for prospective buyers the the state injected 50 mil NOK into the company and split off the struggling Moxy as a state owned company. However, in 2002 51 % of the shares in Moxy were sold to the Ålesund based company Spilka Invest AS. A few months later the Norwegian economy started to improve and the sales of Moxy dump trucks increased. Following Market research a new range of "Plus 1 versions was designed in 2003, and introduced the following year. Despite the economic problems the Moxy dump truck has a good reputation in the earth moving industry and in 2004 the English Thomson group acquired the company's assets following the Norwegians governments desision to privatise the company, production continued under the new company name Moxy Engineering AS in Norway. In 2008 Doosan bought out the Thomson Group holding in Moxy Engineering AS and the factory in Elnesvågen is producing Moxy dump trucks in increasing numbers as ADT demand is still high. Moxy are planning to launch a range of Ridgd Dump truck soon (2008)."

  17. #17CEwriter2009-08-10 15:18

    I haven't spoken with Moxy about the rigid-truck line since we saw the Aveling Barford truck in Moxy colors (below) on the Moxy stand at Conexpo 2008. That was before Doosan announced purchase of Moxy. But here is the item I wrote about the truck after Conexpo - http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6568752.html?text=aveling+barford

  18. #18CEwriter2009-08-13 15:49

    Doosan did show the Moxy MT41 at INTERMAT 2009 (April in Paris, not a bad assignment for a dozer writer) in its new Doosan trade dress. They had an excavator up on bench loading the 41-ton truck, and then they'd take curious parties on a spin around the small demo area, driving the truck over a series of 30- or 36-inch moguls. CE video of the Moxy demo from INTERMAT

  19. #19MATHO2009-08-28 19:29

    Moxy Trucks I have spent plenty of time around trucks lately and let me tell you the new Moxy is not apoor cousin to Volvo by any means , these things a re tough as nails and I would put them in places that would have Volvo's stop to sing Momma Mia

  20. #20Cmark2009-08-28 23:56

    Did anyone know that each Moxy truck used to be christened with it's own unique name. I can remember two I've worked on called Benny and Joseph. If you do a goole images search for Moxy, you can see some still have their names on the side.

  21. #21JDOFMEMI2009-08-29 02:29

    Did you also know that the truck name would be used to order parts. You did not need the serial number, just the name. I have had several on rent. Sometimes we would order parts for one of them, and would be asked for its name. Threw the mechanics for a loop the first few times. It was easy though. I do not remember all of them, but 1 was "Alice" The MT-36 was a good truck. It rode good, had plenty of power, and seemed to be reliable enough while I had it. The downside is I feel they are not as stable as a Volvo or newer Cat. The grader style rear suspension, with no rubber blocks, seems to tip easier. Also I do not like the shape of the box. It is hard to get full with the large buckets we run on the 375 and 800 class excavators. They spec out the same on paper, but in reality they haul about 3 yards less than the same size Volvo. At least they made up for it by being cheaper to rent. They are cheaper to rent than Volvo or Cat because of the name. Most contractors around here only take them when all the others are busy, so they can be had cheaper. I had some Volvo's rented to another contractor who also had some Moxy trucks, and every day there would be at least one or two moxy trucks tipped over, and the Volvo trucks would run in the same places and stay on their wheels. After that job, the Moxy trucks were nicknamed "tip me over". All in all, they worked pretty good, and treated us as well as they were treated.