Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Office

Vantage_TeS ยท 2009-03-31 02:34

Myself and my new office

Replies25
  1. #1Cat287B2009-03-31 06:56

    Good to see nice clean tracks. Pete

  2. #2Deere96702009-03-31 08:02

    ill be expecting some more vids outta you since your back to work..........better make em good:cool2.....burnout just recently added "music":Banghead to his....LOL.. Turns out his singing was so bad it cracked the turbo on his machine!

  3. #3D5G2009-03-31 16:03

    Nice new 385! How many hours on her?

  4. #4JimBruce422009-03-31 18:22

    Nice new digs, How you like the standard setup vs. the ME on your older one (and the JD850dLC)? Are they planning on getting you a shorter stick or leaving it like that? I assume it's a similar capacity bucket, correct? Looking forward to more photos and videos :drinkup

  5. #5bigcatpip2009-03-31 18:25

    Hmmm.. it need a flag!!

  6. #6EZ TRBO2009-04-01 17:28

    Nice looking office job!! Least it isnt' a desk job. Trbo

  7. #7Vantage_TeS2009-04-01 17:53

    Shovel them everyday! If I had to put up with his singing, I'd try to self destruct too! I'm hoping to get some video this week (well next week, so within a week). Around 1200 now I believe. MEs have a shorter stick AND boom so sticking a short stick on this thing would be a pretty weird setup. This setup is pretty close to whats on the 850D, although the 850 had a bit more reach. All of them have the same size bucket. The ME definately had way more power, you could ram that bucket through pretty much anything! While this machine you have to change your style of digging alot (same with the 850) due to the large 8yd bucket and not a huge amount of stick power the extra reach is so nice. That ME you had a very fine line where you either couldnt swing or you'd hit the truck, or you couldn't reach the trucks =/

  8. #8Dirtman20072009-04-01 18:47

    Nice, Atleast your tracks are 4' off the ground where you can shovel them easy, Not fun digging out packed in mud being bent over for 30 solid minutes!

  9. #9Vantage_TeS2009-04-01 18:52

    No to mention for the most part I can simply get a hole started and then push the dirt through. There's a reason why I declined the new 345 we got last year after I ran it for a week (well that and I'd rather run a larger machine, but having almost impossible to shovel tracks was definately a huge deciding factor).

  10. #10oriden2009-04-01 22:40

    very nice! there was one on a job on the way to HEO school very nice machines! hows the workload out there for you?

  11. #11Vantage_TeS2009-04-01 23:12

    Reduced as of right now, but winters still kicking around so nothings would be going full swing anyways. I'm sure we wont be going as hard core as last year but that just means some of the people who weren't good on the machines wont be called back (a relief if you ask me).

  12. #12JimBruce422009-04-02 21:43

    Yeah, I realize that the boom is different on the ME as well:drinkup. I was just wondering if they were gonna give you a short stick or not. I've seen a surprising amount of 385's that have the std. boom, but they put a short stick on it. I don't know if it helps with give more stick power while giving slightly better reach and space from the trucks than the ME's or not. Another reason I can think of for doing that could be so the company has a machine that is in most cases a truck loading dirt bailing machine, but if need be they can use it on pipe too, just switch to a long stick. Our old 375L was set up like this. Had a short stick for bulk dirt work (which it usually did) and a long stick for those pipe jobs where the reach and power was needed. :ban:drinkup:iagree

  13. #13oriden2009-04-02 22:43

    ah i forgot you guys still have winter in the west ***

  14. #14oakland2009-04-05 22:43

    nice ride you have there:notworthy:notworthy

  15. #15Burnout2009-04-06 20:24

    Watch it or I will start singing in all my videos. Nice hoe there boss. One of these days I'll come down and show ya how its done...lol

  16. #16cat 3852009-04-06 21:54

    i knew you would come back to the cat ha,ha

  17. #17Burnout2009-04-07 16:19

    Only because he had to. He still has dreams of 850's dancing in his head.

  18. #18oriden2009-04-07 22:47

    wheres your office alex?

  19. #19Vantage_TeS2009-04-09 13:58

    Alex is just jealous he has to run a 850 and I have a 385 powerstripe.

  20. #20Burnout2009-04-09 15:21

    LOL yeah I'm jealous of a slow older machine...lol Your jealous of my almost working Q/A.

  21. #21Vantage_TeS2009-04-09 15:46

    I had a quick attach that didn't work on my 850 too =/ Actually to be honest I think it did work but the retard who had it first kept hitting the switch by accident and dropping his bucket all over the place so they disconnected it.

  22. #22cat 3852009-04-09 18:08

    i noticed the cable under or on the side of the boom? i hate cleaning tracks on a 345 too they are way cut up.even worse when they are not spread out.

  23. #23Vantage_TeS2009-04-11 23:12

    That "cable" is a grease line, it's got an automatic greaser on it.

  24. #24cat 3852009-04-12 12:56

    um ok, i must be seeing things

  25. #25Cat287B2009-04-12 17:41

    Me too. My auto greaser doesn't have anything that big on it. Pete