Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Taking pictures

Deereman ยท 2009-04-02 02:41

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had problems taking pictures of equipment on dealers lots? I've been to about every dealership between flordia and illionis and never had a problem till the other day here in flordia. What a jerk.. Anywho I'll try to get my picts posted tomorrow. Just thought I would ask before hand...

Replies13
  1. #1RonG2009-04-02 04:51

    They must be hiding something...........wonder what it might be??????? Somebody should follow this up.Ron G

  2. #2Squizzy246B2009-04-02 08:48

    You can probably do some research on-line. There are rules here Down Under about the "use" of photos taken, even if they are taken in the "public domain". I can be very complicated. I expect on private property people may well have liability issues.

  3. #3Deereman2009-04-02 09:36
  4. #4Vantage_TeS2009-04-02 17:34

    What exactly happened Deereman? Some lots you have to be wearing a vest etc to be in due to insurance reasons.

  5. #5oriden2009-04-02 22:45

    agreed. the local deer doesnt care about pictures but they do require a vest in the yard where toromont doesnt care at all.

  6. #6Deereman2009-04-03 13:26

    I was just try to snap a few picts for you guys and after about 10 minutes go by this guy just comes up and asked me if I needed a salesman. I said no I'm fine. (him)Well you have to have a salesman to be out here.(me) I don't need one I'm just looking. I don't need to bother a salesman if I'm just looking. Then he just gets all pissy like I was in a shooting match. So I just asked him If I could just look around. NOOO. I mean if a guy or a customer had to have someone with him at all times just to look.Thats pretty sorry. Thats how some machines get sold. I guess its like going to a car dealership and you go after hours so you don't have to put up with the sales force. I've never heard of people having to ware a vest or something on the yards :beatsme

  7. #7fireman0502009-04-03 19:21

    only time i have ever been bothered while taking pics at a dealership was after hours when an employee was riding by saw me called police and had them see what i was doing the police came out asked what was i doing told him taking pics he sad ok and left

  8. #8Vantage_TeS2009-04-04 18:37

    Sounds like they had an issue with theft in the past (stolen cab filters, head rests radios etc) and their policy is to have an employee with anyone in the yard after that incident. That and their insurance provider might have a stipulation where anyone in the yard has to be with an employee (big moving machines near the public makes insurance companies paranoid).

  9. #9Deereman2009-04-04 19:49

    Well I know every place is different but when I ran my on Deere yard in georgia I actually liked people stopping by and looking around and saying hey.. You meet alot of interesting people that way. And even thoe I wasn't a salesmen at the time I could have sold more machines that way. I could tell them everything and even let the guys run the machine and help out with any questions when we were slow.. Most of the time even if the guy had something he didn't like bout the machine he was usually greatfull not have someone stuck up his butt trying to sell him something and quick. Even when I did become a salesman I just took it easy and didn't force the issiue.

  10. #10Vantage_TeS2009-04-04 21:45

    Yeah I 100% agree as a dealer you have to sell the brand experience first. I mean alot of guys plan their purchase months even years in advance so if everytime they go to a dealer its a good experience they are way more likely to go back there when it's buy time.

  11. #11oakland2009-04-05 22:41

    i heard that as long as its in public view its fine to take and share pictures of it but if its on private property you need permission. i personally have only been asked to leave one site ( but it was posted no tresspassing, so i was lucky) other than that i have never had problems taking pictures.

  12. #12D5G2009-04-26 17:37

    Great pics! It sucks that they treated you like that...Looks like they had some pretty big iron there when you went.

  13. #13Deereman2009-04-27 17:55

    Yea its funny to see that many big hoes in one place. Its funny how the equipment on the lots very from place to place. Inventory used to change hands on a daily bases, but now its the same ol stuff.