Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New owner of a 580B CK Serial Number question

KensCase · 2021-07-23 13:21

I am a new owner of a Case 580B CK loader with a 4 in 1 and I have a question regarding the Serial number. I did find the ID plate, however, it was painted over in layers of paint. Stripping it off as carefully as I could, the only number left on the plate was the stamped Model 530BCK. I would add a photo of it but I haven't found a way to insert it except by URL. My question for the Forum: Is there a way, or a list, maybe a data bank of Factory installed serial numbers, I.E., engine, rear end, backhoe, transmission etc., (assuming they are factory installs) to cross reference get a tractor serial number? I would like to know what year this tractor is so I can start ordering parts. So far the best I can say is that it has the 2nd gen backhoe control panel (per the Service manual) so it is not one of the early models. Previous owners did not document the serial number before painting the plate. Thanks for and help

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-07-23 14:54

    Welcome to HEF, Ken ! Are you trying to post a picture from a computer or a phone ? VIN Number Location: On older 580B, C & D Models: left side of dash just inside left door of cab. On older models either under the left door on side of frame rail or under the base of the left lift arm. Do not confuse the "ROPS" plate found inside the CAB for the VIN plate. Year of mfr. is not a good way to buy parts. Serial number is a must have. Production changes are made throughout different times of the year. That is why a serial number is needed.

  2. #2KensCase2021-07-23 16:14

    Thanks for the welcome Tinkerer, this is my first 'real' big boy tractor, but I own 5 other garden tractors, one with a FEL. Pictures: I post from a computer and I have lots of saved photo files, but none linked to a URL. Not sure if my new account status precludes the option to share photos right now or not or if I am just not familiar with the interface to find the right button or toggle to share them in a post. Well, I may have found a work around for adding the photos. First one is the Backhoe, and the second, the ID plate. Serial Number Tag: I have the aluminum ID plate, ALL the info is missing except the stamped 580BCK. This plate was riveted to the tractor on the right side of the steering column cover. ALL the tags and decal on this tractor have been painted over to try to stem the onslaught of rust. We get a lot of rain and it is very humid here. Sadly, I do no have an enclosed cab on this tractor, but we also do not have a winter like most areas of the country. Our normal temps do not drop more than 10-15 degrees off our normal 85 even in winter at my elevation.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-07-25 09:12

    There are only two parts books for 580B's. One is for the shuttle transmission and the other is for the hydrostatic transmission. That should simplify any parts searches you make.

  4. #4KensCase2021-07-25 15:25

    Nice, and thanks

  5. #5S.A.E.2021-08-03 02:30

    here's my hodgepodge of references. That should keep you busy for MANY rainy days. Manuals are available free here. read through it. Check your S/N and year http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=case&msg=5407 Free manuals for a lot of Case machines for download of manuals https://minnpar.com/index.aspx MINNPAR.COM very active and helpful newsgroup HeavyEquipmentForums This is a good site to get part numbers. https://avspare.com/catalog/case/49912/42696/ AVSPARE.COM https://www.wengers.com/construction.html Official Case site .... Parts diagram MYCNHISTORE.COM Front loader & bucket | Case CE | MyCNHi US Store P aint Valley Equipment in OH manufactures a lot of Case parts that would be big ticket items at the Case dealer. https://www.paintvalleyequipment.com/print-catalog/access-the-pve-online-catalog for download of manuals https://minnpar.com/index.aspx MINNPAR.COM https://www.paintvalleyequipment.com/ Repair parts http://connexusa.com/HTML/Spring Bushings.html Connex repair bushings and pins Manuals https://www.peacefulcreek.com/ there are a lot of great folks in the industry. Fred is one of them! Has helped me out a bunch! And pricing as fair as the day is long http://badgerdiesel.com/ these parts sources come recommended and phone numbers are on the web pages for prompt questions/service Parts Alternatives Inc. 1-800-486-8082 pump $440 plus freight coupling$30 hyd pump Try reliable aftermarkets partshttps:// www.reliableaftermarketparts.com/ . They gave good price for my brake parts on 580c tractorstuff 765-378-3396 https://www.brokentractor.com/ https://www.reliableaftermarketpart...kgpDpLihqfExVN8RFXzfDGooxJo-GPoJk_aXVXKmgQlgo Call Parts Alternatives Inc. 1-800-486-8082 for all your 580 needs. Just have the model and serial number. http://e-backhoeparts.com/index?fbclid=IwAR0h2tX-URSVFNIsBEfKocAIXc_e_-SeQqkTl3Dm-Q_taZzy-4djNYjUsXY Get the specs for pins and bushing and call pro tech tool in Lebanon Tn. They’ll build it cheaper than you can buy it. http://www.protech-tool.com/Home.html Needing new starter? Let me suggest starter branded DB Electrical . This year alone I have three and I have NEVER been more pleased! Ebay or Amazon, whichever has best pricing.... Briggs, SuperDuty 6.0, Case 580B.... Incredibility lightweight, and in the case of my truck, spins at 25% better speed with 20% less draw... perfect! Example: 6.0=$77.00 shipped, no core. Case (wet nose) under $200. Wheels https://www.heywheel.com/page5.html These folks are ABSOLUTELY the best on building up a wheel that is too expensive or maybe all together unavailable! sizing info https://www.woldinc.com/useful_info

  6. #6KensCase2021-08-03 13:42

    WOW. This list of info is amazing and I do belielve it will take a few days to get through it and this is the place for rainy day reading. It rains 200-300 inches here so pretty much every day. We aren't called the Rainbow state for nothing. I will be collating these sites and reference materials both in digital and print- I've had a few hard drive crashes due to humidity here but I will find a way to store it for future reading. I have gotten the Alternator and Starter rebuilt and reinstalled. but the wiring was a mess, so I pulled the entire harness out and I am starting the rebuild of a new harness with new connectors and wire. That is my current project. Though there are not many wires in the diagram, there were way fewer wires in the tractor. I am not sure how it ran, if it did. I am a firm believer that if someone can put it together originally, I can undo and then redo it just as well. Thank you again for the info in this response, I will do my best to keep and pass this along to others. Some of the fun I am having

  7. #7KensCase2021-08-03 13:49

    Thank you for the reply and the info. I was able to find a few of the DOCs online. The previous owner called me a few day ago and had a Service manual for it, so I was able to get a hard copy of that too.