Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Pads

socks ยท 2010-04-05 22:40

I'm running a 05 420D it and am trying to find a good spot or place to get new stab pads. My local Cat dealer wants $280 for one pad. Other parts vendors say that they cant get aftermarket ones. I dont belive that they dont exisit. The cat p/n is 2379356 they are about 8.5" wide and 18" long and are made up of strips of cut rubber. Maybe $280 isnt a bad price but it seems high to me!!!! Any pointers or advice?

Replies4
  1. #1QuickTrax2010-04-06 19:29

    They are made aftermarket but out of stock at the moment. The price if available would be around $110 Good Luck, QuickTrax

  2. #2socks2010-04-07 09:53

    Thanks QuickTrax I thought there should be some aftermarket ones.

  3. #3DCH2010-05-12 01:44

    I bought these for my 426CIT, they bolted right on for $60 each http://www.flippadinternational.com/stabilizer_pad_p/stabilzershoe17.htm

  4. #4Pecord Exc2010-05-12 12:49

    bls pads, http://www.tufpads.com/ half the price of dealer great to deal with and they last twice as long if not longer than stock