A good pal of mine owns this '03 590 Super M I need to know where the easiest and quickest place on the back-hoe is to change the control pattern He wrecked himself up pretty bad and can not use his right arm for the next 6 mths. I will be running the hoe for a week or so, where as he was going to be the man ..... and wouldn't you know it its the opposite of what I do Doesn't matter what it is now or what I want it to be, just need to know where the easy place is ....LOL Don't want to start any pissing matches of supperman that can run both types Thanx guys for any help you can provide ( have taken some pics for ref if needed )
Theres a kit, 2 steel rods, takes about a half hour roughly to swap on a Super L. Would assume an M is about the same.
That sounds really interesting Thanx .... I will call the Case dealer in the morning After dealing with excavators for so many years I thought that just changing the lines would have been the answer But I did notice that the joy sticks were a direct link so what you say makes alot of sence this is where I thought the easiest point would have been, at the back of the boom or in and under the spools
What are you looking to change to and what does it have now? Does it have pilots and you want to swap dipper and boom controls?
Its a 2 stick already , but want to change from JD to Cat or visa versa
You need kit # 403042A1 which will get you the rods and needed hardware and decals. Dont swap hoses to get to the other pattern as this causes the controls to become jerky at times due to the different porting and check valve difference between the boom and dipper sections.
Thanx Goose ! thats awesome to even have the part # as well, BTW did you do the same to have the #'s on hand ?
No, I work for a Case dealer so I have put a few of these on.
I forgot to ask but is that kit to go either way or just one way .... meaning JD to Cat or is it to go Cat to JD, thinking that the # will have one digit changed ... Thanx
That is a JD to Cat kit. Keep the rods you remove so you can switch back to JD pattern. All you have to do the change out the rods is to raise the bootom glass up and remove the rear panel on the control tower and you will see the rods, on JD pattern the rods will be fairly straight going to the boom and dippe section. You remove these 2 rods and install 2 new rods that are bent so they cross each other allowing the spool on one side of the valve to be moved by the lever on the opposite of the tower.
OK , thats what I figured when you said originally to change the rods but it was my type-o that I wrote Jd to Cat, we want to go from Cat to JD my mistake to put it in the wrong order....oooops sorry .... you wouldn't happen to have the other # would you ? ... LOL
They dont make a kit to go that way which is how the controls were from the factory. You will have to get the individual parts to go back. Dipper rod 185978A1, Boom rod 185979A1
Thank-you again Goose ! ..... I called Inland Kenworth (our main Case Back-hoe guys in BC ) and gave them the #'s you passed on to me, was very helpful Have to call them back tomorrow morn ....out of a dozen outlets there was one on the island that may even have a take-out set of rods But if not will have to buck up about ~300.00 w/txs and shipping for new, will take a week to get (not in a rush) but it will be worth it My pal was excited about doing the change also, was a surprise to me Your info was bang on Thanx again .... GK