Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New PC800-8

Dr Komatsu ยท 2010-10-07 17:02

A pic of a new PC800-8 just after it was put together. Fitted with auto-lube and bucket cylinder protection , rear and side cctv and chevron ballast. Has new pumps instead of the old dash 3 style pumps.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies36
  1. #1Jam2010-10-07 17:11

    Sweet....

  2. #2cps2010-10-07 17:48

    Nice machine, who bought it? Looks like they already have a few big machines!

  3. #3Aliate2010-10-07 18:01

    that is one bad ass looking machine, get more pictures of it....what did they paint on the counterweight?

  4. #4Dr Komatsu2010-10-07 18:10

    Pc800-8 Belongs to Tillicoultry Quarries ,they have a PC600, big Liebherrs & Hitachi's also. Red and white warning chevrons over the complete counterwight was painted,you can see the start of them on the side of it.

  5. #5Dr Komatsu2010-10-07 18:14

    Chevrons This how the counterweight is painted, a regulation in most quarries in the UK if not all now.

  6. #6D5G2010-10-07 20:29

    thats a beastly looking machine, very cool. looks like they take great care of their iron, the 600 looks like its still in pretty good shape.

  7. #7Aliate2010-10-07 21:08

    looks kinda cool like that

  8. #8245dlc2010-10-07 22:06

    I like the cylinder protection, I'm always surprised that all the little wannabe demolition companies around here never put that stuff on.

  9. #9792DLC2010-10-07 23:13

    How big is the bucket?

  10. #10alco2010-10-08 04:39

    That is one nice looking machine there! I'm kind of amazed we haven't seen one on our site yet since we always seem to have contractors buying one of the latest and greatest to run around with. I hope to get the chance to check one out one day.

  11. #11j.r.2010-10-08 05:40

    do all of the 800's have 2 stick cylinders or is that new?

  12. #12DEERE310SG2010-10-08 07:35

    That is a nice excavator.

  13. #13reddot5562010-10-09 11:57

    could i come work there?

  14. #14jimrr2010-10-09 12:09

    i'll work there for free!, no........i'll pay to work there!!

  15. #15zxa2010-10-09 12:47

    just a small observation....this 800 seem to have a lc-7 cab...could it be?? the lc-8 have a slight different cab that is visible by the roof difference shape...

  16. #16Dr Komatsu2010-10-09 16:36

    Yeah it's a Dash 7 cabin.There fit that from Pc600-Pc800 then the Pc1250 h cab.as a different

  17. #17RobVG2010-10-09 20:02

    I like that they put the boom cylinders on right side up.

  18. #18JoeS19892010-10-13 16:36

    Nice machine infact....a very nice machine! Theres one working near me and i cant get enough of it! It works alongside a Zaxis 870LCH-3 and runs rings round it!! All the ME spec 800's have 2 dipper rams and the construction style boom and dipper all have single ram systems!

  19. #19yash2010-10-14 00:31

    I have also some of the pics...:drinkup

  20. #20Vantage_TeS2010-10-14 00:57

    Where's the tow bar for the mechanic truck? I see the 600 has already assumed the position. Belly pans down, hood up

  21. #21JoeS19892010-10-14 16:35

    Heres pics of the one working near me! I was talking to the op in the pub a few months back and he was saying that he was working for a firm on a 385C (from new) and this new Komatsu runs rings round it!

  22. #22typ42010-10-14 20:37

    So whats the cost of that baby, USD

  23. #23JoeS19892010-10-15 14:21

    Id say at least in area of 250-300K!!!

  24. #24j.r.2010-10-15 14:52

    i would guess higher 800-900k if not more

  25. #25JoeS19892010-10-15 15:56

    i wouldnt know as im not in american but i think in the UK they retail at around 750....not to sure though!

  26. #26Dr Komatsu2010-10-17 17:11

    Another Pc800 Another Pc800 i was working on today.

  27. #27JoeS19892010-10-18 04:27

    Nice! How do they drive?.....Im off to watch the PC800 near me in a couple of hours!

  28. #28Dr Komatsu2010-10-19 16:03

    Not sure how they drive as i'm a Field Service Engineer and not a good operator !!! . Both the operators seem happy though ,one previously drove a Liebherr and the other a Hitatchi of the same class.

  29. #29JoeS19892010-10-19 16:18

    Ah right.....thats what the one near me has to compete with a Zaxis 870LCH-3.....Do you work for komatsu? Do they have any Zaxis 670's on site do you know?

  30. #30Dr Komatsu2010-10-19 17:23

    Yeah i work for Komatsu, the Hitatchi was hired in until they got their Pc800 delivered. Cant remember the exact model, the arm & bucket was off it to move it so i would say it was at least a Zaxis 670 size unit

  31. #31JoeS19892010-10-20 04:28

    Ah right.....ok. Need some measurements for a model im doing but oh well haha

  32. #32jey_c2010-10-23 17:27

    is it equipped with a CLSS or an OLSS hydraulic system?

  33. #33Dr Komatsu2010-10-25 16:15

    Its the OLSS system . But now has a totally different hydraulic pump .a very large twin pump with fan pump,PTO pump on the side. It is EPC controlled and has no jet sensor hoses, now has sensors fitted that send electrical signals to the pump from the jet sensor valves on the block.

  34. #34jey_c2010-11-09 15:55

    do you have a email so i can contact for some help troubleshooting a clss system. regards [email protected]

  35. #35james_lee2010-12-19 01:19

    huge machine...wow

  36. #36bansheewoj2012-06-10 03:23

    Hello, I`m new here and I like what I see here. here the thing. I`m a 3D modeler and within few years I mostly making my own trucks collection. Now has come time to make something different. So I start to modeling Komatsu PC800 excavator. So far I made a lot but can`t find few important details, so I write to You for a help. here are static shots of my model, hope You like it. [img=http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8928/789pj.th.jpg] [img=http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7939/456sy.th.jpg] [img=http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/272/123001k.th.jpg] and here short movie showing animated parts, cause I want to make it fully animated model http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eperhoEqy-0 Please guys, I need pictures of top side, all top panels and area around boom mounting.