JLG 40HA 2wd I broke down and bought a new PQ controller for the drive, 1200116. My question is, do you need to go through the entire adjustment procedure? I've found willie59's good description of how to do the adjustment. Dial them all back, then turn clockwise to adjust. My new controller works perfectly. Except for the ramp, when you release the lever, the 'brakes' slam on. So far, I've turned the little screw for the ramp clockwise, and I've noticed that the ramp seems to work, a little bit. Second question, if I keep turning the ramp CW, will my roll get longer and longer? It works OK now, I'm getting used to it. The new control made a huge difference. Reverse was completely inop, and the idle up wasn't working right. And most surprising, the thing really hauls-ass now. Before forward was slower than reverse. And when you wanted to travel, reverse was the first choice. I'm not sure all my safety features are working. When I have my main boom up, seemingly above the horizontal, it still moves in fast mode. Doing this once makes you quickly remember to flip the switch to slow speed. Thanks.
You should be able to increase "ramp down from full output" by continuing to turn the ramp adjustment screw CW. There is a "max" that the controller circuit card will ramp down, maybe 3 to 5 seconds of delay, but certainly the ramp adjustment should make it ramp down with some desirable delay as opposed to an abrupt stop. Machine still working in high drive with boom raised could be as simple as one of the high drive cutout switches on the boom or tower is faulty.
Thanks very much again. I'll track down these switches. I've noticed what looks like a piece of wire that contacts the boom as it returns to home position, I'm assuming this wire is attached to a microswitch. :cool2
I've screwed up a little bit with my adjustments. On the notch off center adjustment, if when you get to the initial 15 degree movement point, with the lever, and the thing takes off too fast, is this just too much CW? Can you just back it off? Or do you need to start over? I've got one that just takes off full blast at 15 degrees, notch off center, and I'm not sure why it's doing this. Is this the LO or the HI? or maybe both? I had it working pretty well, but when I screwed them in place, and went to use it, it didn't seem to work as well as when I was adjusting the thing in my hand. Figures! Thanks.
It's best in a case like that to back all the adjusting screws out and start over again, I've had to do it myself on occasion.
That's what I figured. It seemed like there was some sort of interaction going on between the other controllers, or other components. It was working fine. Then after fishing in the mounting screws for an hour, and trying it. It didn't work as before. Story of my life. Thanks.